The "Adventure Time" Thread

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, now that I'm sort of settled again with my TV, I tuned in for the Marceline four-night storyarc. Saw Part 1 on Monday, only got bits and pieces of Part 2 last night because I was watching Muppets instead.

They're delving back into the Simon+Marcie history, how she became a vampire hunter, and even a vampire empress who's turned Simon into her minion.
The one character that truly adds the creep factor is Peppermint Butler. Seriously dude? You kept vamp dusting weapons in the eventuality Marceline would go rogue when she's not even a villain? And Marcie was just chill with it, saying he had a point.

Waiting for tonight's episode and tomorrow's wrapping up the whole thing.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
Was that random cover at the end seriously the only reason for the title of this episode ??
Well, that's not the first time that sort of "brick joke titling" as it were, had been used. I must admit, it's a bit of an off-the-wall punchline, therefore weaker than most, but nonetheless not a new concept. The oldest example I know off the top of my head is "Don't Pick The Daisies" from Tales of the Wizard of Oz...

mr3urious

Reaction score
It was great seeing one of Jake's pups, Viola, in the limelight, along with working on LSP's play. All that's left is a story focusing on Charlie.

Drtooth

Reaction score
While I am annoyed by the "month's worth of episodes in a week" format, Adventure Time is the next series to get this distinction. The special Stop Motion "Bad Jublies" is set for Thursday, and I'm very excited by this. I've loved the special guest animator episodes so far (Food Chain especially), and the stop motion gives a great look to the character designs.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Now that the stop-motion episode came and went, I wonder what other art styles and mediums AT will be animated in next? Perhaps puppets? :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Considering how Lumpy Space Princess looked in the episode, I wonder if they took the action figures and other toys as inspiration. LSP toys seem to have that same shape in turnaround.

Also loved the little stab at conspiracy theory radio shows in Blank Eyed Girl, and how ticked off Jake kept getting. I've enjoyed this week of clearly not connected to anything one shot episodes so far. Heard the last one will be a Bonnie and Simon episode. Get ready to be depressed as heck.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I rewatched Blank Eyed Girl. How the heck did they get "Butt stuff" past the censors?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
BTW: It's Adventure Time Day on CN all day today, apparently building up to reairing the Marceline four-part episode now titled as Adventure Time: Stakes, The Movie.

:batty: in an Indiana Jones voice: Stakes, why did it have to be stakes.
Me: What are all these MF stakes doing on an MF plain?!?

mr3urious

Reaction score
If they were to make a new Fionna and Cake episode, it should have Flame Prince in it. And if they were to get Dante Basco to voice him, it would be even better! :excited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Finally able to see "King's Ransom." Nice to know that while most of the recent episodes are non-continuity, we have another chapter in the Ice King/Betty saga. Can't wait to see how her tinkering with the ice crown plays out in the series. Also, great to see that Ice King really loves/needs Gunter.

As for the latest episode. Jeez! Max Charles is in everything. I can't unhear Harvey Beaks when he's in an episode of something. He's like the hardest working child actor in the animation industry.