Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I realized something. The World Record episode of Arthur is a total ripoff of the Hey Arnold episode "World Records." Right down to Arnold and Gerald trying to set a record for backwards walking...and the fact they're trying to cook the world's largest Pizza. Only major difference is that Arnold's pizza fails, and the Hey Arnold episode shares its ending with Ned's Newt's episode, giving them the win of most failed attempts.

Not that the Arthur episode wasn't good, but Arnold did it better. (Ned's Newt did it the best).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The troll on dA and his fascination with hershey kiss nipples is creepy enough, but seeing this coming from the actual show is downright disturbing:

What were the animators thinking when they gave Baby Kate swollen nurples?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Holy crap! They're moving ARTHUR! They're actually moving ARTHUR! I can't believe this! ARTHUR'S been coming on at 4:00 since the beginning of time (and by that, I mean when my PBS started airing it regularly in 2000), but now they're bumping it up to 3 and 3:30 so ODD SQUAD can play in its old slot; then next week, they're taking it off completely for Adam and David Rudman's new show, NATURE CAT. After fifteen years of it coming on at 4:00, I don't think I can adjust to this!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Pfft. My PBS affiliate moves the time slot for Arthur all the time! And the affiliate is the producer of the show. They didn't even get back the afternoon slot until the last season started up.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
After watching "My Club Rules" today, I wonder why Drtooth hasn't thought to do a deviation or a YTP of this yet:

"Then you can't be in the club! You have to have fun to be in this club! It's the Fun Club!"

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, first off, it was getting harder and harder for me to pull of videos, since most of the formats don't even work right. Secondly, the new computer has no movie editing software built in, and I have no desire to buy or download a cracked licensed copy of one. And third...I was having some real problems making new ones. The last one I made, the one about the Sesame Street Bird and Toothbrush bit, I struggled with and just plopped it out as 70% finished as it is. I was working on another Three Stooges cartoon one (reusing footage I already had) and it was going...strange.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oddly enough, I'm actually having less trouble catching the show at 3 and 3:30 than I thought I would, however, it feels weird having nothing to watch at 4 now.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
You know, for the last several years, I've had zero interest in watching "Arthur" unless it's an episode that I grew up on. Every so often, I'll check out an upload on YT, but I've avoided anything current like the plague.

So here's my question. A lengthy response isn't needed. Is "Arthur" still a reasonably good show? I know the title of this thread says otherwise, but just curious if anyone has anything positive to say.

Last edited:

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
You know, for the last several years, I've had zero interest in watching "Arthur" unless it's an episode that I grew up on. Every so often, I'll check out an upload on YT, but I've avoided anything current like the plague.

So here's my question. A lengthy response isn't needed. Is "Arthur" still a reasonably good show? I know the title of this thread says otherwise, but just curious if anyone has anything positive to say.
Some are like "Shelter in a Storm" others are just alright

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score

The show went from great to good and then to bad,now it's just alright. None of the recent episodes remotely compare to the older episodes,which is a bit sad because I used to really love this show but the new episodes are just bland,not bad,just unoriginal.