Looking for Bob McGrath Song about the Days of the Week

slimsfret

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was singing to my 2 year old son today a song about the days of the week, that was sung by Bob McGrath I looked for this song on YouTube and I cannot find it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I cannot remember the year but It goes like this.

Little children like to play in the sunshine Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.
Little children like to play in the sunshine Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday,
Little children play happy all the time little children, little children.

I hope someone recognizes this song. Thank you.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's not exactly what you're looking for, but this is one of Sesame Street's most famous songs about the Days of the Week...

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I do remember when this song was brand-new. 1976 or so. Bob and some kids sitting by a dock (with flashy sparkles in the water:smile:).

Little children play, happy all the day little children, little children.
The song was recorded in the studio and mimed, since outdoor acoustics are a nightmare.

I could swear this was posted on YouTube once, but got pulled quickly. Might have something to do with the little Noggin logo in the corner.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I do remember when this song was brand-new. 1976 or so. Bob and some kids sitting by a dock (with flashy sparkles in the water:smile:).

Little children play, happy all the day little children, little children.
The song was recorded in the studio and mimed, since outdoor acoustics are a nightmare.

I could swear this was posted on YouTube once, but got pulled quickly. Might have something to do with the little Noggin logo in the corner.
Wait,so this episode aired on Noggin? That could put us on the right track.

slimsfret

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply guys.this song has a sweeter melody than the one above I could be wrong but i think the song yesterday today and tomorrow done by Judy Collins was in the same episode.

Last edited by a moderator: