Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

DSTZach

Reaction score
So will the Kermit variant be paired with a variant as well? Otherwise, that's 13 figures - Reporter Kermit, Tuxedo Kermit, Piggy, Link, Strangepork, generic Swinetrek crew member, Rowlf, Animal, Dr. Teeth, Statler, Waldorf, Crazy Harry, and Mahna Mahna. Or will the variant come with the same version of another character?
Yes, that's correct.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Man, this is really confusing...

Zach, can you just tell us who the characters are?

Something tells me they aren't making just a generic Swinetrek crew member and did he ever confirm tuxedo Kermit?

minor muppetz

Reaction score

DSTZach

Reaction score
Unless something changes, TRU will have Rowlf/Teeth, Animal/Tuxedo Kermit, First Mate Piggy/Julius Strangepork, Link Hogthrob/Swine Trek crew member. Three figures are shared. Five are not.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It seems like Muppet Wiki has been slow with adding info on these. Most of the info at Muppet Wiki has been added by me, some right away, some not. It took a long time before pictures were posted there (and by that, I mean a long time after pictures were posted online).* And now there are pictures of the first wave of action figures as well as series 2 Mini Mates (plus some concept art), and yet Muppet Wiki still doesn't have pictures of those.

It's also interesting, it took awhile after we first heard of these before images from series 1 of the Mini Mates and action figures went online (and they were sculpted when we first heard of them), but images for (most of the) series 2 Mini Mates have been posted almost immediately after the line-up was announced. That's amazing. I think series 7 of the Palisades figures was the only series where we saw pictures of the whole line-up the moment it was announced (I think pictures of the first wave of Mini Muppets were also shown the moment they were announced).

*Talking about all this, I am reminded of the first time pictures from series 1 of the Palisades line was shown online. The pictures actually weren't authorized to go online and were taken down almost immediately. One member here had an image of the figures in his signature, but then replaced the image with silhouettes. If Muppet Wiki was around back then the image would have probably remained there.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Unless something changes, TRU will have Rowlf/Teeth, Animal/Tuxedo Kermit, First Mate Piggy/Julius Strangepork, Link Hogthrob/Swine Trek crew member. Three figures are shared. Five are not.
Is the extra Swine Trek Crew member an actual character who appeared in a "Pigs in Space" episode? Does he have a name?

muppetperson

Reaction score
You know how Pigs in Space had the other Swinetrek members that were rarely seen? I think the extra is supposed to be one of them.
It would be nice to know which one, but they all look very simular, especially the second and forth pigs!!

jvcarroll

Reaction score
It would be nice to know which one, but they all look very simular, especially the second and forth pigs!!
Neither the Muppets nor Jim Henson ever felt the need to flesh out the background crew-members with the specificity you're asking about. I think it's up to each fan to use some imagination. :wink: