Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

Muppetaz

Reaction score
:sleep::boo::crazy::big_grin::halo::smile::sympathy:

I. Am. Ecstatic. I'm so buying every last one of these!!! I can't believe there's actually someone out there making Mahna Mahna and Crazy Harry merchandise in this day and age!!!

DSTZach

Reaction score
OMG this gets 1 million likes!

Why did you guys report that the Swine Trek crew would be in there though?
We said they would be in Series 2, and they will. In Series 1, comic shops and specialty stores get Gonzo and Swedish Chef exclusively, while Toys R Us gets Bunsen and Beaker. For Series 2, comic shops and specialty stores will have Statler, Waldorf, Harry and Mahna Mahna exclusively. TRU will have the Pigs in Space, as well as a different Kermit.

DSTZach

Reaction score
In case that's unclear, in Series 1 Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie and Scooter are shared, and in Series 2 Rowlf, Teeth and Animal are shared.

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
I wonder if a Bobo figure will be made eventually. I wouldn't be surprised if the company does make a Bobo figure especially since he has a prominent role in the 2015 series.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In case that's unclear, in Series 1 Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie and Scooter are shared, and in Series 2 Rowlf, Teeth and Animal are shared.
Only three regular-market figures this time? Are they sold as a three-pack as opposed to two three-packs, or did you forget somebody?

rowlfy662

Reaction score
I love these. Mahna Mahna making it into the 2nd series is just amazing hope we see some snowths in the future to go along with him. I also love reporter Kermit I really hope he also makes it too the select line just to see if we get koozbanes. Overall looking good & I can't wait to see more

DSTZach

Reaction score
Only three regular-market figures this time? Are they sold as a three-pack as opposed to two three-packs, or did you forget somebody?
No, each assortment has four two-packs. But while Kermit is a reporter at comic shops and specialty stores, he wears a different outfit at TRU. So while Kermit is at both places with Animal, Teeth and Rowlf, it is not the same figure. There will be four Pigs in Space at TRU.

DSTZach

Reaction score
I think Diamonds site is more for more comic shops and speciality stores to buy cases of the figures to sell in their stores which is why it will be two of each pack and the price is that high.
Our site is primarily for consumers, not retailers -- retailers get wholesale pricing through Diamond Comic Distributors. But our store still ships from our warehouse, and it's not exactly set up that way. For figures we can do singles (most of the time) and assortments, and an assortment is what is in a shipping case, and that is two of each action figure. We do not pull out perfect sets and list them separately from the individual figures. We are similarly not able to offer individual Minimates sets, just the case assortments -- which contain two or four of each set. Other retailers offer the Minimates and figures as a set. If your comic shop is not getting them in, LukesToyStore.com is a great Minimates site.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
No, each assortment has four two-packs. But while Kermit is a reporter at comic shops and specialty stores, he wears a different outfit at TRU. So while Kermit is at both places with Animal, Teeth and Rowlf, it is not the same figure. There will be four Pigs in Space at TRU.
So will the Kermit variant be paired with a variant as well? Otherwise, that's 13 figures - Reporter Kermit, Tuxedo Kermit, Piggy, Link, Strangepork, generic Swinetrek crew member, Rowlf, Animal, Dr. Teeth, Statler, Waldorf, Crazy Harry, and Mahna Mahna. Or will the variant come with the same version of another character?