The Muppets Episode 8 - Too Hot to Handler

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Too Hot to Handler"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
Big Mean Carl I believe is mean in a "I don't want to hurt your feelings" kind of way but in a "it's all in good fun" kind of way.

beaker

Reaction score
I've been one of the biggest cheerleaders of the new ABC show....but, I have to say this brand new commercial feels a zillion times more fun and Muppety than all 8 episodes of the new ABC show so far

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
I've been one of the biggest cheerleaders of the new ABC show....but, I have to say this brand new commercial feels a zillion times more fun and Muppety than all 8 episodes of the new ABC show so far

THIS IS THE BEST THING I HAVE SEEN IN A LONG TIME!

jobi71

Reaction score
Very weak episode. I loved seeing Denise, as now I'm savoring all of her screen time. But just very weak. Not sure I laughed once. I agree with some of the criticism about how romantic relationships dominate virtually every plot. Oh well, was good to see Carl. And it was clear Fozzie's gf did in fact cheat, she probably pulled up the cached auction on her phone as quick cover knowing Kermit was going to bring it up

*EDIT* I did like the mini C-plot of The EM band thinking Kermit is a robot. Hoping the final 8 episodes improve tho
Not quite sure how you came to the conclusion that Becky clearly was cheating. Ebay purchases are time stamped so if she ducked under the table at 8:15PM (let's just use as an example) then her item would have been purchased at 8:15PM. I don't think we needed to see them review her whole browser history. The pay off to the plot doesn't work the same way if Kermit isn't wrong.

ploobis

Reaction score
:crazy::oops::grr::news::boo::sleep::fishy::attitude::hungry::halo::cool::flirt::sing::big_grin::eek::confused::rolleyes::shifty::sympathy::wink::mad::concern::embarrassed::smile:

There is NO NEW EPISODE NEXT WEEK !!!!!!!!
The next episode airs December 1.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
But that's not the kind of humor Jim was about; even with Statler and Waldorf, they may have heckled the other Muppets (Fozzie in particular), but they were never intended to be mean-spirited. Caroll learned the hard way about going too far when he ad-libbed Oscar saying to Paul Simon, "So long, shorty!" Caroll could see he genuinely hurt Paul Simon when he said that. You have to know where to cross the line: even Don Rickles knows that, and has made it clear many times before that he never insults people with the intention of being mean or trying to hurt their feelings, it's just a way for him to actually interact with this audience and others around them in a no hard feelings routine; people like Chelsea Handler (and Joan Rivers) on the other hand, they do intentionally say things with mean-spirited intentions, and even when they do go too far, they couldn't care less.
I politely disagree. There were many scenes throughout the Muppet Show that alluded to a darker/"meaner" humor. How about Floyd tossing Foo Foo into a dressing room drawer telling him to "Breathe through the keyhole"? How about Miss Piggy being mean to Gonzo when he tried to flirt with her over the years? I applaud Joan Rivers for saying what was on her mind when she was with us. She was a tough woman and fought her way through a mostly male dominated industry. You either loved Joan or you hated her, but you couldn't disagree that she was successful at what she did. And if Jim wasn't into that type of humor, why would he have let her do a cameo in "Muppets Take Manhattan"?
I think Jim's early work especially had a lot of twisted, dark stuff about it. But his genius was, he tailored it so it appealed to everyone.

Don't get me wrong, I like good squeaky clean humor too, one of my favorite comedians is Sinbad, but I also love folks like Louis CK and Jim Norton who are darker and edgier in their style of comedy.