Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder what the pairing will be for series 2. It would make sense for Statler and Waldorf to be together, but I wonder if the rest will be one Swinetrek crew member with one of the others. It would be possible to do it that way. Or maybe two Swinetrek members while another is paired with a different character. Considering half of series 1 will be available as exclusives, I wonder if that's the case here (meaning that possible some of the Swinetrek won't be included at all retailers selling).

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I wonder what the pairing will be for series 2. It would make sense for Statler and Waldorf to be together, but I wonder if the rest will be one Swinetrek crew member with one of the others. It would be possible to do it that way. Or maybe two Swinetrek members while another is paired with a different character. Considering half of series 1 will be available as exclusives, I wonder if that's the case here (meaning that possible some of the Swinetrek won't be included at all retailers selling).
Honestly the most sense makes Statler-Waldorf, Rowlf-Dr. Teeth-Animal and the Swine Trek crew, but they may have to take Piggy and put her with Rowlf.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
:smile:
Bunny (BEAN BUNNY!!!) is seriously lacking in detail; he looks far too much like the Bean Bunny from the Star Wars two-packs they sell at Disneyland, nothing at all like anything Palisades ever made. :concern:
Some of the smaller pack-in figures seem to have have less articulation (like the Palisades Koozebanians did) while the ones they're packed with, like Kermit, have a crazy amount. I'm not sure, but it looks like Bean might have 7. I think that's as much as the old Bunsen had. :confused: And Kermit has about 13. Yikes! :eek:

It should also be noted that prototypes often obscure the beautiful texture underneath. That happened with the other line of figures too. I'm sure you'll see a lot of fuzzy texture in the real deal from the factory. :fanatic:

If you look closely at the available pictures for Diamond Select's Bean, you will notice at least 13 different colors on the little fella (that's at least three more than Palisades' Series One Bunsen). These colors include Bean's over-all fur, face, chin/tummy area, eyelids, eyes, hair tuft, ears, nose, teeth, mouth, tongue, sweater and scarf. 11 of those colors are on the face. That's a lot of friggin detail. Just sayin. :search:

Not only do I think Bean is a good looking figure, he appears to be among the best of Series One. :wink:

Comparisons to the two lines will be inevitable, but these are their own thing with their own strengths. :smile:

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Series 2 of Minimates (specialty and comic shops, others I mentioned will be at TRU):

Series 1 should arrive before the end of the year.
Reporter Kermit with A Hat I am so buying that. Also any accessories coming with these guys.

DSTZach

Reaction score
Not many besides what is shown. Drumsticks, microphone, and Harry might come with a couple of bomb accessories, we'll see.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Series 2 of Minimates (specialty and comic shops, others I mentioned will be at TRU):

Series 1 should arrive before the end of the year.
OMG this gets 1 million likes!

Why did you guys report that the Swine Trek crew would be in there though?