The Muppets Episode 7 - Pig's in a Blackout

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Pig's in a Blackout"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

Votes: 46 92.0%
  • Bork bork! This episode was good.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Mee mee. This episode was so-so

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kathy26

Reaction score
on the muppet wiki page they listed Beautiful Day Monster appearing in the background of this episode

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Liked this episode. It was great to see Rowlf and Kermit have a chat and Rowlf to help put things into perspective for Kermit. Kermit may take on a lot, but that's just who he is. And the speech fit nicely in with Gonzo's chat with Scooter, helping Scooter realize that he had to go back out and clean up his mess, since "the show must go on". It shows that sometimes the best thing for a person is to have a friend clear their head for them.

I really liked the joke about Scooter looking at Kermit as a father, and with all the mention of Scooter's mother recently, I wonder if we may be setting up for her to turn into a Norm's wife Vera on Cheers type of character, someone who is continually referred to but never seen. Scooter clearly doesn't have the neatest family life.

Also loved Sam's horrific flirting with Janice, especially when they were leaving Kermit's office and he tried to lean on the wall. Poor guy doesn't have a lot of game.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I really loved the juxtaposition of the opening and closing scenes: Kermit began looking at his ‘Executive Producer’ sign for comfort and self-recognition. The sign is a symbol of the materialistic satisfaction we all try to obtain, with which Kermit is not capable of functioning as the world-centric frog he was born to be. Singing ‘Rainbow Connection’ in a swamp the he built in his own backyard- thatis who Kermit is: a simple, kind and sage frog who just wants to make millions of people happy!
Yeah. It would have been nice if they had used footage from the actual movie, but it's always good to have Steve sing that song as well. Plus, I liked Kermit and Rowlf having a similar conversation to the one they had in the movie. It's nice that they have separate performers now so they can interact more. Seems like Jim did all the work when they shared a scene in TMM. Lol.

Negatives: Didn't like Rowlf swearing.......I think and I could be wrong that someone else said a curse word earlier.
Yeah. Muppets swearing is just wrong. Though it's not the first time. Recall, the Muppets did sing that line in the "Hard to Be Humble" song, as for another time in this episode, I can't really say. My cable went out for a few minutes, so I may have missed something there.

Piggy actually being decent in the episode. She was still trying to comfort Kermit and so was Denise.
Yeah. We may see them fight over him more often. You never know.

Muppy

Reaction score
I think the word is censored here (EDIT: here on the forum), but it starts with a d-a. It isn't even a swear word.
People are getting worked up over that?! That's hardly considered a swear word (even if you do consider it one, it's EXTREMELY mild compared to half of the words you can get away with saying on TV these days)!

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Another enjoyable episode. Both plots work well (well, sorta), with Kermit dealing with just as much stress (if not more so) when he tries to escape it, and Scooter finding himself in his boss' shoes. The "sorta" is referring to Justin Bateman taking advantage of Kermit. Would've at least liked Bateman to get some sort of comeuppance.

I'm really loving what David and the writers are doing with Scooter on this show. His inner-geekiness has never been more proudly visible.

I also love that all of the chaos that happens at the studio is caused by something very simple - Scooter turning up the A/C.

It seems that everyone has found a nice balance between the sarcastic tone used in previous episodes and classic Muppety slapstick.

Oh, and I love that Sam still has a thing for Janice. It's really allowing him to break out of his hard shell.

And of course, we have the usual minor touches - Chip's lines, Piggy's (and Deadly's) obsession with her outfits, frozen Beaker, Rowlf (finally, another appearance by our favorite canine).

It's all wrapped up nicely with Gonzo giving Scooter a heartfelt pep talk, and a tribute to TMM.

Last edited:

ploobis

Reaction score
I Absolutely LOVED Tonight's episode of The Muppets!!! :smile: :mad: :embarrassed: :concern: :wink: :sympathy:

I really love the Hilarious Edginess of the show, but I also really loved the Heart that this episode had. I loved the scene where Gonzo tells Scooter that he believes in him, I loved the moment with Kermit and Rowlf at the Tavern and of course it was really great to see Kermit end the show with "Rainbow Connection".

One of the things I've always loved about Gonzo is that not only is he this Humble Weirdo who loves Chickens and performing Crazy Stunts, but he's very Kind and Caring too. I believe that side of him really comes from Dave Goelz himself.