Remember that creepy bird cartoon?

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know what I'm referring to...

Well, I was looking at an Oddity Archive episode and at the beginning (3:16 to be exact) and I saw something pretty familiar looking.

Now, I don't know if it's indeed the same guy, the similarities are stark. The fluidity of the movements, the bizarreness of the visuals, the same, almost exact same movements when they swallow. And of course the creepiness of it. Those EYES! Those EYES!

So what do you think? Are we closer to unveiling the mystery of this creepy skit or what?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Looks like the mystery is solved. Drtooth, you meddling kid, you!

Actually the commentary throughout the whole reel was hysterical. Right up MST 3000's alley. Good stuff.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was on the fence about posting that, but that cartoon has the same level of movement and same disregard for what real objects look like in real life. I mean, I had to rewatch that segment twice just to make sure the opening cartoon was about lighters. It looked like surreal object saving surreal object. I'm surprised the food he drew at the end looked like food.

mr3urious

Reaction score
It seems that unlike the identity of Garrett Saunders, finding out who animated these surreal clusterfrogs will be a bit more difficult.

Oh, and here's a clean, higher quality version of the ad.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Didn't think it would be that easy to find, actually.

But yeah. The video unfortunately had no description about who animated it.

Still, I barely see how those are lighters. And what's the girl lighter getting run over by? More abstract shapes? That's not a train.

mr3urious

Reaction score
After doing some quick Google searching, I think I may have found out who did these: none other than our own Vince and Tee Collins. Check out something like the NSFW Malice in Wonderland on Vince's page and you can see a similar feel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXZhsdrSZhbWYoXhRlTDH1g

And what's funny is the Collinses are actually capable of drawing things that look like what they're supposed to! Those must have been some real good drugs they took doing that bird and those lighters! :big_grin:

Last edited:

MelissaY1

Reaction score
You know what I'm referring to...

Well, I was looking at an Oddity Archive episode and at the beginning (3:16 to be exact) and I saw something pretty familiar looking.

Now, I don't know if it's indeed the same guy, the similarities are stark. The fluidity of the movements, the bizarreness of the visuals, the same, almost exact same movements when they swallow. And of course the creepiness of it. Those EYES! Those EYES!

So what do you think? Are we closer to unveiling the mystery of this creepy skit or what?
OMG, this bird used to freak me out..who am I kidding it still does..

Drtooth

Reaction score
After doing some quick Google searching, I think I may have found out who did these: none other than our own Vince and Tee Collins. Check out something like the NSFW Malice in Wonderland on Vince's page and you can see a similar feel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXZhsdrSZhbWYoXhRlTDH1g

And what's funny is the Collinses are actually capable of drawing things that look like what they're supposed to! Those must have been some real good drugs they took doing that bird and those lighters! :big_grin:
Hmmmmmm... Maybe yes, maybe no. It's hard to tell, but there are similarities. The animation sort of matches up and then it doesn't then it sort of does. I need to give a deeper side by side to really make a yes or no judgement.