Hensonville City 2011

Katzi428

Reaction score
chuckling as I get off the phone with Nancy(Robin's girlfriend) 's mom Louise.
That Louise Kidd's really something.
Prairie: Why?
She said she'll send out an army of men if I need them on Saturday night. I told her I'll be fine! She thinks I'm out of my mind having a bunch of adolescent kids over for a party!
:super: : Well Robin told you that his friends are really nice,right?
Yeah..he did. And I'm positive Robin's telling the truth. Plus you guys will be helping me chaperone, right?
Prairie: Of course!
:super:: Definitely!
The other parents seem to trust me. So that's a relief!

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Kim: I just realized something. It's less than 2 weeks until Halloween, and we haven't figured out costumes yet.
Boober: [groaning] Oh, not again! We go through this every year!
Kim: [patiently] Because Halloween comes every year, Boober. So what do we want to do this year, guys? Another theme, or every girl and Fraggle for him and herself?
Gillis: Hmm. Well, having a theme is fun. Though its still going to be awfully hard to top our Sherlock Holmes theme from several years ago.
Tosh: But like Kim said, Halloween is less than two weeks away. Are we really going to be able to pull together decent costumes in that amount of time?
Kim: We have a resale shop and a dollar store at our disposal, guys. I think we can manage to figure out something.
Lily: Good! I don't want to be the only one trick or treating without a costume!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm, I wonder if Boober might have a recipe for black radish tea or caramel like we saw on that cake competition.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Robin coming into the kitchen Oooohh! I smell chocolate an' peanut butter! Whatcha makin' Mom?
showing Robin the cookie sheet
Robin Buckeyes! Yummy!!!!! and goes to reach for one
Hands off, buddy! These are for tomorrow! Listen.. are you SURE none of your friends are allergic to chocolate or peanuts?
Robin: Positive!
All right; great! :smile: I guess you can help me make these. Are your hands clean?
Robin: Yep.
Good. Just don't get lots of chocolate or peanut butter on yourself and say "Oops! It was an accident! " JUST so you can lick your hands clean.
Robin: Party pooper!:wink: But okay...I won't do that. Can't I PLEASE have one after we're finished? Just one!
*sigh* Okay..I guess. Just ONE though.
Robin: Thanks Mom!! Oh by the way.. I already told my friends that we're NOT playing "Spin The Bottle" or any kind of games like that.
Good! But who asked about that?
Robin: Meh..my friend Danny. When I told him absolutely not about those games, he said he was only joking.
WHEW!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
UD: Buckeyes? Mmm, you could turn those into devil eyes if you wanted. *Moves on to light and insert the next sculpted figural candle into our candleholder for the 13 Nights of Halloween.

Me: Hope maybe tomorrow we can check the local bakery to see if they have Halloween-flavored doughnuts.
:insatiable: That sound good.
UD: How many do you plan on buying?
Me: A baker's dozen of corpse.
:batty: Ah, a perfect thirteen.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Uncle D and Count pack up the chocolate scream filled doughnuts decorated with a full moon and bats in flight, and the pumpkin ones with a smiling jack o'lantern face into a coffin-shaped present box.
Ed adds a skeletal candle and the card before Count wraps it, topping the whole thing off with a bow.
UD: A bow? How ugly, what's in it, what's in it?
Ed: That's the point of the thing, not to know.
*Both share a chuckle at the refrain.

The anniversary present is sent to Mr. Skellington via scare mail.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Robin comes in from trick or treating WHEW!! I think I made out pretty good.
What'd you get?
Robin : I got emptying his bag Reeses' peanut butter cups , Milky Ways ... lollipops ... Hershey bars... a marshmallow treat ghost from Bobby's mom ...you don't need to check that one out cuz you know her...
I realize I know her. But you know the rules. All the treats get checked out.
Robin: All right. Um....Jolly Ranchers...Life Savers.... Nutrageous...bubble gum ...
Did you say you got a Nutrageous bar?
Robin: Lemme guess...you want it?
How many did you get?
Robin: Just one.
OK...you can keep it.
Robin: I'll split it in half.
Thank you .
Robin *continuing from where he left off * Peppermint Patties, Mounds bar, Almond Joy, sugarless gum and a toothbrush from the dentist up the street. What a weirdo!
I think he's health conscious hon.
Robin: I guess. I hope his house doesn't get TP'd by teenagers tonight because they don't like what he gave them.
Are they still doing that stuff?
Robin nods. I'D never do that!
I know you wouldn't .
Robin: I also got Raisinets. They're gross! They taste like toe cheese! :stick_out_tongue:
And just when was the last time you tasted toe cheese?
Robin: Never . But they're gross anyway
I know someone that might like them. Hey Rowlf? You like raisins, right?
:sympathy: : Yep....sure do!Why? *addressing Robin* You get raisins when you went out?
Robin: Raisinets, actually Want them?
:sympathy:: Sure! Thanks kiddo! Just lemme go through the bag.
Robin: A couple of these lollipops are the chocolate ones. Nancy's mom made them.
Sounds good! But just let me go through everything anyway .
Robin : *sigh*
Robin...there are wackoes out there. I don't want you getting sick. Some idiot put razor blades in the kids' candy.
Robin: Here in Hensonville?? :eek:
No...I heard it on the US news.
Robin *grumbling* What a slimeball. All right........you can check my stuff.
Thank you sweetie. I don't mean to be so paranoid.
Robin: It's OK.
*going through everything* All right..you're free and clear.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey... Raisinettes don't taste like toe cheese, they're just chocolate-coated raisins. And I should know, got a big barrel of those for Christmas the last two years running. At least we still have some coconut chocolate candies for after dinner tonight. Oh, and Happy Halloween to everybody, some of our spooks might be coming through as we either stay at home or head off to the club. :batty: :scary:

Katzi428

Reaction score
Hey... Raisinettes don't taste like toe cheese, they're just chocolate-coated raisins. And I should know, got a big barrel of those for Christmas the last two years running. At least we still have some coconut chocolate candies for after dinner tonight. Oh, and Happy Halloween to everybody, some of our spooks might be coming through as we either stay at home or head off to the club. :batty: :scary:
I'm more of a Goobers fan myself.(I was j/k about Raisinets tasting like toe cheese. :wink: )
Robin sharing some peanut M & Ms with Prairie 1 for you...1 for me..2 for you...1,2... for me taking an extra M & M 3 for you..1, 2,3 for...
Prairie clearing her throat loudly Split them evenly ,smarty frog!
Robin trying to look innocent But I am!!
Prairie: Try again.
Robin: Ohhh...I wonder how I wound up with more than you?? I'm SO sorry!! :smirk:
Prairie: SURE you are! :wink:
Robin: OK.. I'll be nice. giving Prairie the extras he gave himself. Then he continues dividing out the M & Ms
Hey Robin? OK if I have one of your Hershey Almond kisses?
Robin: I don't mind! Go ahead.
:hungry:: I'm sooprized dey geve oot candy with nuts in them!
Yeah...me too! With the nut allergies ,you'd think that people would get nervous.
:hungry:: Hmm...gu figger eh?
Yeah!
The doorbell rings and I go to answer it. There's a little girl standing there in a nurse's costume . She holds out her bag and proudly says :Gimme!
Her mother: Haley! That's not what you say!
Haley: Sorry. Trick or treat...smell my feet...give me something good....
The mother: Do you want to go home, young lady?
Haley: Trick or treat!
OK....here you go.......dropping a mini pack of Starburst fruit chews in her bag.
Haley: Thank you!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know, I used to like Starburst when they were softer chewable candies, but now they've been turned into jellybean-type stuff and I pass them up.
:insatiable: You have pretty selective palatte.
Yeah... I know. Don't like jellybeans or marshmallows or that Nutella stuff.
At least we got some Snicker-Treats and those thin chocolate-filled cylinder twill cookies.
:insatiable: Oh boy! *Goes to get the milk while we hand out some other treats to the kids who should ring or knock at our door.

Meanwhile, Count and Uncle D are skelebrating the dragon's birthday at the Bat, Bolt & Skull with the rest of the monsters who showed up this year.