Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info DST Zack. If I were a new collector, I'd pretty much snap everything up in a heartbeat. I actually do appreciate the fact that there's a company in today's market putting out a line of Muppet figures. Hope the line becomes a successful one for you. :smile:

Thor

Reaction score
Zach,

The head sculpts on all of these looking amazing! Especially Scooter!

But i feel like Kermit and Fozzie are too articulated - it really hurts their appearance. For Scooter and Gonzo, it blends in much better because of the folds in their clothing. But Fozzie's arms and legs just look awkward to me. Very nice that Kermit can bend at the knees to sit on the stool (making him very different from the Palisades figure), but do he and Fozzie really need many of the extra points of articulation? 5 points of articulation is great with me. Would rather that they only be able to be posed in a few stances rather than have their look be diminished by all the joints.

With no points of articulation, Bean, Camilla and Robin look great! Cannot wait to get Bean!

Doesn't adding points of articulation increase the cost of a figure? Would much rather see cost being spent on an extra accessory or two. Do you have the license so that you could include accessories from the new Muppet show? (they would be accessories that Palisades never did). How about the bowl that Fozzie stole from Jay Leno's house? Or his cell phone that he can't work? For Yolanda, how about the 1/8 of an aspirin she asked for?

Will you be able to advertise during the Muppets broadcasts to reach more fans?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
These action figures look amazing, but I am mixed about whether I want to buy them. On one hand, series 1 will include quite a few characters I didn't get the first time around. I never had Palisades' standard Fozzie figure or tuxedo Gonzo and Camilla (at the time, I had decided not to get multiples of the same character, already had daredevil Gonzo and had gotten Vacation Fozzie for Christmas, and it wasn't until I got variants of some characters I had for Christmas that I decided to get further variants, but by then it was too late to buy the standard Fozzie and Gonzo), also never had a naked Robin (didn't get The Rainbow Connection Kermit), and of course Palisades didn't rellease Bean Bunny at all. But on the other hand, I do have several Kermit toys, and also multipe Scooter's. I have the Fisher Price stick figures of Kermit and Scooter, the only ones in that collection I have, and I used to have the Fisher Price plush Scooter (making him among the few TMS characters I had a plush of who wasn't Kermit). But these do look great.

I feel more sure that I'll buy the mini mates, not sure about the action figures, but we'll see.

Considering there are four two-packs (plus variants), it seems odd that most of the mini mates will be exclusives. I could see the variants being exclusives, but it's odd that the standard versions will be exclusives as well. I thought there should be a wave with all of The Electric Mayhem, but if half will be exclusives, that means that fans might have trouble getting the whole band (I know, the exclusives could be available at major retailers).

Will there be exclusive action figures?

And I guess the inclusion of Bean means that the license does include more than just The Muppet Show.

A few of the main characters we haven't gotten to, a couple of variations on Piggy and Kermit, and a couple of minor characters, including two who never got Palisades figures.
Is this for the action figures or mini mates?