Now what's going on with YouTube?

Schfifty

Reaction score
You know that list of links that appear on the left side when you're looking at a playlist, and how it's divided into sections like "Playlists" and "Subscriptions"? And under the "Subscriptions" category, there's various numbers next to various channels you're subscribed to?

Well, what do those numbers mean? If I sort the subscriptions by New Activity, then they all sort by those numbers from largest to smallest. Just curious.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think those are the number of new videos your subscriptions uploaded since you last logged in.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Is there some reason why the channel navigation pane at the top of the channel page (Home/Videos/Channels/Discussion/About) disappeared in Chrome?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, Google's done something stupid again, and this time it's not with YouTube, but rather, with Gmail:

So what they've done this time is, for some reason, when you log into your inbox . . . there's no option for you to logout . . . which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever . . . so now, whenever you log into your inbox, you have to go to another Google page entirely just to logout of that account.

Have you ever noticed one of the things Google loves to do to us is make the simplest things as inconvenient for us as possible? It was bad enough they started making us have to type in our usernames and passwords separaretly, but come on. . . .

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And now it's broken again. :sigh:

Hey, is replacing raw video files for an upload a feature only available to partner channels?

Drtooth

Reaction score
So they're going to have an ad free subscription service because of course they are.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
YeeEEeesh! YT's probably tried to get me to subscribe to like twenty different channels I have no interest in.

On that note, when did the Amazing Atheist suddenly become relevant again? I thought that guy faded into the sunset years ago.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, I'm about ready to blow my brains out here: now whenever you watch a video from the music category, YT forces a bunch of playlists and mixes on you that featured those music videos you've watched - honestly, you can't even login with it shoving a bunch of mix playlists in your face. Big irritant.