Major Changes in store for Sesame Street Season 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The way SST is today, they green/bluescreen a majority of what they put on the show, but it just seems strange they can greenscreen a green character like Oscar - seems like they'd need to bluescreen him because of that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Maybe Oscar's just brown toned muted green enough that he manages to squeak by. I'd say the current Kermit puppet would get lost in there, though. He's really green.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I take it Rosita is going to be a last minute addition to the main core Muppet cast?

SpinneyBigBird1

Reaction score
Everyone needs to stop worrying about the "core six" thing. They are only doing that to create a more "familiar" feel to the neighborhood by having the same faces show up on a consistent basis. This show has so many characters that it could be easy for kids to forget about certain ones because they go for so long without seeing them. The core six are not going to be the sole focus of the show now. They are just going to appear in a more consistent number of street scenes (as the main character or a supporting character) so that there's that sense of familiarity.

You wanna know how I know not to be worried? I visited the set this year and know that an episode in season 46 has Prairie Dawn as the main character in it. Prairie Dawn. If that doesn't tell you not to be worried about other characters' status on the show, I don't know what would.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
You wanna know how I know not to be worried? I visited the set this year and know that an episode in season 46 has Prairie Dawn as the main character in it. Prairie Dawn. If that doesn't tell you not to be worried about other characters' status on the show, I don't know what would.
Wait,holy spit! Prairie Dawn is gonna be the main chartacter in a street scene?? I'm looking forward to this season more and more.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
@SpinneyBigBird1 I'm not worried- I understand the whole reason for having a core six; that's one thing that a lot of kiddie shows have these days (maybe not exactly six, but a few select ones per se). The reason I asked about Rosita being a part of the core cast is because in the "Muppets" section of SS.org, not only do Big Bird, Oscar, Cookie, Grover, Elmo, and Abby host their own little activities, but she does too, so...I'm sure you get my drift.

Also, I remember you told me a few months ago that Bert and Ernie will make new appearances this upcoming season, so of course I'm not worried. Besides, that one article Shane pulled up a few months ago claimed that "the others will still be there".

On another note, I look forward to the Prairie Dawn story; it's gonna be interesting to see what kind of voice Stephanie will pull off! (God, where's a Prairie smiley when you need one?)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's finally occured to me why I'm not exactly crazy about the construction doors being removed - not so much that they were iconic to the set or anything, but by removing them, it makes 123 look all the more awkward sitting there all by itself either nothing on either side. The doors made it clear that the vacant lot next to it was originally a construction site, but brownstones are usually seen on city blocks side-by-side each other, so a construction site turned into a vacant lot, turned into a playground, turned into Big Bird's nest area was a nice little touch, and gave 123 an accessory of some form. Without the doors, leaving 123 to stand there all by itself gives it a somewhat sad look, like this is all that's left of what once was.

I don't mind the other set changes at all (again, how many times have I raved about the new retro Hooper's and that awesome neon sign?), but I do miss the familiarity of those doors - though I still like Big Bird's nest being in a giant tree, that's a great touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.