A Nest Divided: A Sam the Eagle Story

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So how's the writing coming along Charlie?
:embarrassed:: He didn't know it'd be so rough.
Mmm, let us know if you need help with anything then. *Goes to work on own projects. :smile:

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Favorite parts:
- "third-degree battery"
- the Thog reference
- "ersatz duo"
- Piggy pulling strings re: the rewards gate
- a reference to eagles being able to fly
- Monticello
- a book all about the Monroe Doctrine
- cockroaches claiming squatter's rights
- packing a lot of clothes for someone who doesn't wear any
- "penguins left yesterday"
- "safer conversational territory"

This is top-notch stuff, and I don't consider myself a particular slouch when it comes to writing or critiquing.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole[/QUOTE]

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I want to issue my sincerest apologies to everyone about the upcoming chapter. I know it's been forever, and I scrapped the entire thing earlier this year to start over, seeing as it's such a pivotal one that needs to be right. But the words aren't coming as quickly as they used to, or even at all. I've been dealing with a lack of time because of work, and the return of my great personal nemesis, depression is not helping matters at all. I'm trying, but things are coming in trickles if at all. So I don't know when this next chapter will be posted, it could be soon, it could be Christmas. But this story is NOT dead and will be seen to its end.

Thank you.

aebthegofer

Reaction score
I just staring reading this. I love it so far! Can't wait for more!

I usually don't pay attention to the ads at the bottom of the screen, but after reading the chapter where Andrew gets fired for not liking Rod Stewart, there have been three Amazon ads for a Rod Stewart CD!

~Aeb:wink:

Sally Swing

Reaction score
Oh man, what can I say about this fic that hasn't been said already? I love the character of Sam, he's such a stuffy yet lovable old grump, and you've done an amazing job of capturing that as well as giving him more layers. His relationship with his kids and wife is so interesting, heartbreaking, and endearing all at once.

Matilda is a boss, I love how tough she is and how she doesn't take any of Sam's crap. Andrew is such a sweetheart, so adorkable! As for Hilary, I can definitely relate with how snarky she is and how frustrating her situation can be at times.

All of the canon characters are written wonderfully too. I could hear each character's voice and of course, being the band geek that I am, every scene with the Electric Mayhem was a gem. (Especially the scene where Teeth, Floyd, and Janice call Sam out for his attitude! Good stuff!) Sam and Rowlf's friendship was one of my favorite aspects of the story as well, such a funny and underrated duo!

Overall, this is a treasure of a fic and while I'm sad that it didn't really have an ending, it was such a great read! Many kudos! :halo: