The Muppets Episode 3 - Bear Left Then Bear Write

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Bear Left Then Bear Write"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

Votes: 33 64.7%
  • Bork bork! This episode was good.

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

beaker

Reaction score
Tonight's episode was one of the greatest non movie/special Muppety things Ive seen in the last two decades. And I thought last weeks episode was something special. We have the most special bond between Kermit and Fozzie I personally havent seen since the Muppet movie...and the scene with Fozzie awkwardly mapquesting his way on the open road to me had the same magic as the 1979 Muppet Movie. We have Yolanda now pretty much one of the main main characters, who knew an obscure character from the short run Jim Henson Hour would also become one of the main characters?

We're seeing so many different emotional sides of Kermit(I was crackin up so hard when Kermit was annoying staring at Scooter near the beginning) Rowlf finally made his debut! And again, all the non naked Muppets continually are wearing different clothes! One question tho: Did Jim Henson Company have a hand in making the human "Debbie" Muppet, AKA Gonzo's date? She totally looked right out of Stuffed and Unstrung. No longer worried about the fate of this series...this is seriously funny, magical stuff operating on all sorts of levels. Yes, it's essentially the Office more than any other show, but it works so well

Btw, the people who were upset by Electric Mayhem's pot usage, surely must also take issue with Rowlf's Tavern and the fact the Muppets drink?(since drinking is a thousand times more dangerous than marijuana)

beaker

Reaction score
OMG, this episode was Hilarious! I love the plot with Fozzie in the woods and I love Chip the IT Guy!

It was also nice seeing more about Kermit & Fozzie's relationship. It was both Funny and Touching.

I think this is my Favorite episode of the Season so far! :smile: :embarrassed:
Simply amazing. And for me the Fozzie plot with Kermit had so many allusions and shades of Kermit and Fozzies dynamic from the 1979 Muppet movie

Awww, and now we have FOUR plots per episode! so crazy! *throws fish everywhere*

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
Tonight's episode was one of the greatest non movie/special Muppety things Ive seen in the last two decades. And I thought last weeks episode was something special. We have the most special bond between Kermit and Fozzie I personally havent seen since the Muppet movie...and the scene with Fozzie awkwardly mapquesting his way on the open road to me had the same magic as the 1979 Muppet Movie. We have Yolanda now pretty much one of the main main characters, who knew an obscure character from the short run Jim Henson Hour would also become one of the main characters?

We're seeing so many different emotional sides of Kermit(I was crackin up so hard when Kermit was annoying staring at Scooter near the beginning) Rowlf finally made his debut! And again, all the non naked Muppets continually are wearing different clothes! One question tho: Did Jim Henson Company have a hand in making the human "Debbie" Muppet, AKA Gonzo's date? She totally looked right out of Stuffed and Unstrung. No longer worried about the fate of this series...this is seriously funny, magical stuff operating on all sorts of levels. Yes, it's essentially the Office more than any other show, but it works so well

Btw, the people who were upset by Electric Mayhem's pot usage, surely must also take issue with Rowlf's Tavern and the fact the Muppets drink?(since drinking is a thousand times more dangerous than marijuana)
The Muppets have always drank. Didn't Piggy and Kermit drink wine in TMM?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I love how they didn't dumb that sort of thing down because, well, G rated Muppet Movie had Rowlf talk about having a couple of beers and taking himself out for a walk. And of course, Fozzie's immortal line about adding enough sugar to champagne to make it taste like Ginger Ale. Which, I tested, and either I didn't add enough sugar or I call bear crap on that. I hope there are a lot more visits to Rowlf's Tavern in coming episodes.

Anyone else feel the scene between Christina and the Chef was improv? Sure came off that way to me. Oh man, I hope if this gets a DVD release it has bloopers and deleted scenes as bonus features. Seems like a lot of fun stuff might just be in the BTS footage.

terrimonster

Reaction score
It's also about 12 times more legal. I think many of the same people would be upset if they showed them drunk rather than just having some beers.

I wasn't a huge fan of the drug jokes in the last episode, but mostly because they were just too obvious. This week's reference was much more subtle. Drug jokes can work in a family show as long as they're subtle enough for plausible deniability.

The funniest part of this one for me was Chip. If they don't overplay it, his character could be a breakout. I had read about a hilarious exchange between Chip and Gonzo that I assumed would be in this episode, but it appears it was cut.

mr3urious

Reaction score
It's great to see Fozzie get a story to himself this time, along with his relationship with Kermit. And I even enjoyed Rowlf's appearance as a bartender. :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The Muppets have always drank. Didn't Piggy and Kermit drink wine in TMM?
It's normal for two adults to simply drink some wine with dinner while talking all romantic. But this new show would probably have Piggy falling off her chair drunk while Kermit makes some rude joke that's supposedly funny. It's a question of class.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Except they didn't.

But if you want a Muppet sketch where a character gets drunk and passes out, Rechov SumSum has you covered.