The Muppets Episode 3 - Bear Left Then Bear Write

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Bear Left Then Bear Write"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

Votes: 33 64.7%
  • Bork bork! This episode was good.

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I agree, the drug references are getting old. Gonzo showing the surprise clip and Kermit not wanting to, that was a great scene, I think that was one of the craziest things Gonzo has done. I think if Miss Piggy found out he put it on the show, he would've been karate chopped into a pulp!

By the way, whatever happened between Gonzo and Camilla? Why was he online dating? That seemed weird to me. The "You're the man" exchanges between Kermit and Fozzie, that was pretty funny and Fozzie not completely used to using an iPhone that was good, too. I loved how Kermit went in depth in to his friendship with Fozzie.

Once again, Miss Piggy using Scooter as a pawn for her schemes, at least this time, it backfires completely!

drteethcool

Reaction score
I say Give the band more lines.
No Drug jokes and Maybe not have a frog buy a beer.
Other then that I think this show is great.
Oh and we need Doglion or did i miss seeing him.

Big Bird Fan

Reaction score
"I had an opportunity to go to medical school. Turns out they just wanted to dissect me."

I know it's only the third episode, but this is easily the funniest joke the show has done. I love it when they take advantage of the fact that some of them are animals. :smile:

Which brings me to the Fozzie plot. It was so nice to finally see an episode about his and Kermit's friendship. It felt like a classic Muppets plot but with a bit of a modern twist. And then we get the gold that is everyone acting like Fozzie is some wild animal. I especially loved that family that ran screaming after finding out a bear was around. Thank goodness Kermit was there, or who knows what they would've done after tranquilizing him!

And I'll echo what others have said about Yolanda. As a girl, I love seeing other female Muppets get a nice amount of screen time.

Hopefully those that weren't fond of the first two episodes (the public in general, I know Muppet fans here will keep watching) saw this one. I think it'll have a greater appeal among those who were missing classic Muppets.

drteethcool

Reaction score
I think it was a good thing they did not use Walter for this show.
I don't think he would fit well here.
don't get me wrong I like Walter, He might not be one of my favorites but i do like him. I just don't know how he would fit here.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Oooh! Almost forgot, loved seeing Sweetums ride by the soundstage on a bicycle! Reminds me of the days when Big Bird would roam Sesame on wheels.
Reminds me of something I thought a long time ago. I thought that, while the regular-sized Muppets could ride bikes, it'd ironically be more challenging for the full-body characters, as I assumed that all full-bodied Muppets (besides the Gorgs) were performed the same way as Big Bird, with one arm in the air to operate the head, and thought it'd be hard to ride a bicycle using just one hand on the handle (without thinking that the bulky size or limited vision might be difficult as well).

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I think it was a good thing they did not use Walter for this show.
I don't think he would fit well here.
don't get me wrong I like Walter, He might not be one of my favorites but i do like him. I just don't know how he would fit here.
Well on The Muppet Show ,Scooter was the assisstant/intern backstage but on the new show he's been promoted to talent coordinator.I think it might work pretty well if Walter were to take over Scooter's original "gofer" job.

Last edited:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
This episode was really great, much better than the pilot, I'm glad they did not end up going with the typical, charater 1 trys to tell character 2 they are bad at something, but character 2 is so nice to them that character 1 can never say that, instead Kermit went and told Fozzie his material was bad on the phone. I like the Kermit and Fozzie plot, finally Kermit actually gets to interact with Fozzie in the show, and Rowlf gets a short, but hilarious scene, at least he gets to talk, and actually be himself. The Miss Piggy and Scooter plot was nice, reminisent of the TMS days when Scooter would help out with Miss Piggy's schemes, like in the episode where Miss Piggy trys to get Kermit to give her a bigger role on the show. The Gonzo plot was funny, but I wanted a little more out of it, and the funniest part was Fozzie getting tranquillized, and it was really funny when Miss Piggy got arrested. Overal, really good episode, and I hope they steer clear of typically storylines, and if they do not, at least add a twist to them. Also, I wonder what happened to Denise not that I really liked her, it was so heavily emphasized that Kermit has a new girlfriend, if she doesn't appear by episode 5, I will assume she was just one of those characters that seem like are going to be a large part of the show, but end up never appearing on the show after it, also what happened to Fozzie's girlfriend, is she going to appear again on the show. Also, I agree that while I have nothing against Walter, that he does not belong on this show, he really would not add much, and the writers would struggle trying to figure out his character outside of being a muppet fan.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
My favorite part was all the bad things happening to Piggy, including her get arrested at the end. All that made me LOL! :laugh:

It's great to actually see Piggy finally be a victim of Laser-Guided Karma again and actually getting her comeuppance when she does something really bad and deserves to get punished, just like in the Muppet Show days.

Hope Bill Prady and company continue on this path to redeeming Piggy as a character and making her complex again. :smile:

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Loved it, I agree they get better every week. I don't mind the Drug jokes personally and in this one loved the reference to Kermit Drinking Sam Adams Pumpkin Spice and not liking it but right next to him you can see Fozzie finished his beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile::embarrassed: