Halloween is just around the corner

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
It seems the Halloween store where I live have been stocking on Bert & Ernie costumes a lot.:stick_out_tongue::frown:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
You know. At one point I got really excited to see Halloween decorations popping up at stores. Now I'm like, "oh great. I have no plans on that day, and October 31st is the last good day of the year." So yeah. While I can't say I'm the hugest fan of humidity and high heat, the fact that Halloween is the harbinger of colder, awful weather now just depresses the crap out of me.

That and, I have no plans on that day. Ever. And the candy goes on clearance for like 10 cents off 3 dollar bags now, so there goes that.
Don't worry about it, adults try too hard to make Halloween a "grown up" holiday.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think GM is still playing with sweetness and flavor ratios ever since they stopped using high fructose corn syrups, and are trying to get the whole grain initiative.
I used to love Trix, but now it has a really funky aftertaste that is not at all pleasant; I had to stop eating the stuff because I couldn't stand that funky aftertaste.
They're slightly better than the past few years, but Count Chocula needs more cocoa.
Again, this is why I didn't like Count Chocula, as compared to other chocolate-flavored cereals (Cocoa Puffs, Cocoa Krispies, Chocolate Chex, etc.), I found it to be too overwhelmingly chocolatey. Maybe it's just me, but I think that chocolate is one of those flavors that has to be just so: it's possible to have too little or too much of it, and it's intensity and make or break the product. Same with cinnamon: every once in a while, you'll end up grabbing a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch that isn't too generous on the cinnamon, and you end up having to sprinkle additional sugar on it to help enhance the lack of sweeteness that the cinnamon flavor gives it. Same with Frosted Flakes: sometimes you'll grab a box that isn't very generous on the sugar frosting, and as the milk dissolves it, you realize you're just eating barely sweetened corn flakes.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
That's why I stick with just Honey Bunches of Oats (which I don't mind it not having any real sweetness) and Cheerios whether original oat or Honey Nut. Although I've never really trusted Honey Nut Cheerios, the only time it lived up to its name was in the form of its cereal bar form which had the Cheerios and nuts and sticky honey sweet glaze.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Since this is the defacto Halloween thread... Does anyone have the schedule lineup for this year's 13 Nights of Halloween on ABC Family starting on Monday October 19?
Gots other programs already on my docket and I'd like to plan properly so not to miss any of my frightful favorites.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Again, this is why I didn't like Count Chocula, as compared to other chocolate-flavored cereals (Cocoa Puffs, Cocoa Krispies, Chocolate Chex, etc.), I found it to be too overwhelmingly chocolatey. Maybe it's just me, but I think that chocolate is one of those flavors that has to be just so: it's possible to have too little or too much of it, and it's intensity and make or break the product. Same with cinnamon: every once in a while, you'll end up grabbing a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch that isn't too generous on the cinnamon, and you end up having to sprinkle additional sugar on it to help enhance the lack of sweeteness that the cinnamon flavor gives it. Same with Frosted Flakes: sometimes you'll grab a box that isn't very generous on the sugar frosting, and as the milk dissolves it, you realize you're just eating barely sweetened corn flakes.
The most intense cereal I've ever had was the short lived Incredibles cereal tie in that was the most painfully strawberry flavored thing I've ever eaten. I barely powered through a box and someone thought they'd do me a favor and got me another one.

Anyway, back to the other thing that I look forward to on Halloween, The Simpsons special. Now, while there are some that have disappointed me, for the most part, they'e usually the best episodes of the year. Adding to the fact no one even bothers with Halloween specials anymore because they barely deal with Christmas specials (often times those are newer ones that are just cliche ridden and unnecessary). I really wish Fox would release a proper Treehouse of Horrors compilation DVD instead of the decade old 5 episodes single disk release. They'd probably have to make it a box set now since they have 26 installments come this season. It would be great to have these things all together and uncut (even the supposed "uncut" Every Simpsons Ever FXX showings are cut, often in different, more awkward places than syndication cuts). I kinda wish I kept up on collecting their annual THOH comic books as well, as they would always get some guest comic artists and writers (Usagi Yojimbo's Stan Sakai contributed twice, Earthworm Jim's Doug TenNapel even wrote and drew one a while back).

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
The most intense cereal I've ever had was the short lived Incredibles cereal tie in that was the most painfully strawberry flavored thing I've ever eaten. I barely powered through a box and someone thought they'd do me a favor and got me another one.

Anyway, back to the other thing that I look forward to on Halloween, The Simpsons special. Now, while there are some that have disappointed me, for the most part, they'e usually the best episodes of the year. Adding to the fact no one even bothers with Halloween specials anymore because they barely deal with Christmas specials (often times those are newer ones that are just cliche ridden and unnecessary). I really wish Fox would release a proper Treehouse of Horrors compilation DVD instead of the decade old 5 episodes single disk release. They'd probably have to make it a box set now since they have 26 installments come this season. It would be great to have these things all together and uncut (even the supposed "uncut" Every Simpsons Ever FXX showings are cut, often in different, more awkward places than syndication cuts). I kinda wish I kept up on collecting their annual THOH comic books as well, as they would always get some guest comic artists and writers (Usagi Yojimbo's Stan Sakai contributed twice, Earthworm Jim's Doug TenNapel even wrote and drew one a while back).
By glad you didn't buy the THOH dvd only 4 episodes 5, 6, 7, & 12, and bonus feature was Kang & Kodos montage.

Erine81981

Reaction score
This year I'm thinking of taking my youngest niece (12 this month) out for trick or treating this year. I thought I might dress up as........*swosh, steps out of the TARDIS* The Fourth Doctor!!!

Hopefully I'll be able to find all the stuff to dress like him.

Harleena

Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out a costume...my friends suggested that I be Leena Hyena from Roger Rabbit because we watched that movie recently, and my name is Leena...not too hot, but it would be hilarious.