The Muppets Episode 2 - Hostile Makeover

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Hostile Makeover"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

drteethcool

Reaction score
It's the number one new comedy in the country right now. Why are we talking about the show being canceled?
I think some people are starting to take this more edgier content issue a little personally. I still say that give the show a chance let the writers get more in the grove of things,and see what happens. If your really so upset with the show why are you watching it? The show has enough support that lossing a few nay saying viewers should not hurt it's ratings. What is hurting the show are people saying that the show has ruined The Muppets when it really has not.
I was worried because all the stuff i have been hearing, I dont want it to get canceled I love the muppets and it is nice to see them back on tv.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
So that's why we have to bring in other writers and producers from other (poorer) shows to try to bolster the Muppets' success? Because actual Muppet writers and producers (Bill Prady aside) aren't capable of putting together a new show in true Muppet fashion?
To quote Fozzie, "Now that is an offensive stereotype!"

It IS true that not everything the standard Muppet writers touch turn into gold. And when they get outside writers, it often turns out to be a very good thing and they actually do a better job of nailing the characters' actual personalities (with a few exceptions like the Good Luck Charlie writers). Plus, the outside writers have far better experience in writing in their respective fields.

And just because you think other shows are "poorer" does not mean that they are.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
isn't it funny that we have to keep repeating that that isn't what anybody said heralde?
Yeah I think all we're trying to say is Jim spoke to the part of kids that was grown up and the part of grown ups that was childlike. And we would just like to see that theme continued.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
Yeah I think all we're trying to say is Jim spoke to the part of kids that was grown up and the part of grown ups that was childlike. And we would just like to see that theme continued.
That's EXACTLY what I've been trying to say!

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Healde, Ladywarrior, D'Snowth, please stop contaminating these threads with your irrational hatreds towards this fantastic new series and towards newer Muppet productions in general.

It seems to me that you 3 are not true Muppet fans anymore and are taking delight in just being contrary for the sake of being contrary and going out of the way too annoy us all and look for excuses to take down the Muppets and send them into obscurity for good, which is just sinful and soulless! :grouchy:

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
Healde, Ladywarrior, D'Snowth, please stop contaminating these threads with your irrational hatreds towards this fantastic new series and towards newer Muppet productions in general.

It seems to me that you 3 are not true Muppet fans anymore and are taking delight in just being contrary for the sake of being contrary and going out of the way too annoy us all and look for excuses to take down the Muppets and send them into obscurity for good, which is just sinful and soulless! :grouchy:
Nobody said any such thing! Good grief, duke! stop putting words in people's mouths! I didn't say I hated the series I said I hated some of the "humor" in the series because it reminds me of things middle school boys would do. People can not like some parts of things even if they are a fan and your saying "you're not muppet fans anymore" is a pack of lies and you should apologize for making such a immature assumption. Did you see me, d'snowth, or heralde, call people who like this show "not true muppet fans"? No we did not. so extend us the same courtesy. Not liking everything that comes from something doesn't suddenly not make us a fan!
I love the transformers but I don't like the micheal bay transformers films. does that mean I am not a TRUE TRANSFORMERS FAN? No it does not!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I love the transformers but I don't like the micheal bay transformers films. does that mean I am not a TRUE TRANSFORMERS FAN? No it does not!
Good analogy. TF fans almost have it easier because they've split up the various incarnations into "continuity families."

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Do you all seriously want the Muppets to fail?
Did I ever, at any point in this, or the thread for "Pig Girls Don't Cry," say I wanted the Muppets to fail? No, I didn't. All I've done is throw in my own two-cents' worth into the conversations. Why would I, a lifelong Muppet Freak want the Muppets to fail? I want them to be a success, I want them to be a part of pop culture, I want them to be part of mainstream entertainment; I just don't care for the show Disney has delivered, because I feel the Muppets' integrity and legacy has been compromised by having them resrot to copying other mainstream gimmicks when the Muppets have always been so much nore than that.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Why are we taking this to such a personal level?Can we not to agree to disagree? We should never have to question another members love or fandom for the Muppets.