The Muppets Episode 2 - Hostile Makeover

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Hostile Makeover"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Man, I'll admit, it was very, very unusual to have the Electric Mayhem do some music to the point where Statler & Waldorf literally fall asleep when they used those acoustic instruments. The "Code RED" part was hilarious! The way Kermit's face looked when he was talking to Scooter while Miss Piggy was having a FIT was spot on!!!!

Erine81981

Reaction score
I really enjoyed every bit of it.
My favorite lines from the show this week are;

:cool: "Maybe I can make it into a saxophone?"
:concern: "My mother is stuck in the jungle somewhere, yet I know she's having a better time"
:wink: "Yeah, Legally Now."
:hungry: "Sombody cookin' De bacon?"
Big Mean Carl - " I'm New! I don't understand politics around here!"

Loving the full body shots. I just can't get enough of those. Piggy on the piano & Kermit sitting on the edge of his desk.

Bobo trying to sell his daughter's bear scout cookies with the Newman selling everyone his daughter but Bobo not being able too untill the band moment. Funny line too.

Is loving the Muppets too bad for your health?

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
errr darth just because a person looks like some hippie doesn't mean they are. my dad used to look like a hippie but he WASN'T! Don't judge on appearances. :frown:
I did Research on Jim in High School for a book report and seeing him in interviews and such IMHO Jim Henson was A hippy he hung with that crowd as well George Lucas Steven Spielberg, just do the research my friend :smile:

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
speaking of the EM's slow number... I am surprised Animal didn't have another freak out like he did in that one episode of the muppet show.

Teeth's comment was spot on though and real funny.

Darth drop it. Please. You made your point.

Big Bird Fan

Reaction score
Really great episode. Others have already echoed my own thoughts about all the great funny parts, but I really wanted to talk about my favorite part of tonight's episode, Kermit!

I absolutely loved his whole plot. From all the color codes, to fixing Piggy up, to trying to figure out how to get things back to normal. I really had no idea how Kermit was going to fix this without making Piggy mad, but the solution he found was brilliant! Gotta love how devious he can be. :smile: And then to top it all off, Piggy had the great line about how she was changing Josh Groban for the worse. Never change Piggy.

I hope that's not the only time we see Lea Thompson. I love her and really wanted to see where that whole elevator conversation was going. Piggy got to date Josh Groban, let Kermit get together with someone!

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I thought I hate this episode but, I love it. The only gripe with it was Zoot jokes. Other than a few minor nitpicks I thought it was good.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I loved it! I think Kermit got a little bit jealous of Josh Groban there! I was so excited that Lips spoke! Bobo and the Newsman competing to sell Girl Scout cookies, priceless! Fozzie's bit with Jay Leno, that was good although I'm not a big Leno fan. I totally got the Electric Mayhem getting the munchies because of ...you know. I'd also like to know what went on in the elevator in the end.

I can't wait for more!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I did Research on Jim in High School for a book report and seeing him in interviews and such IMHO Jim Henson was A hippy he hung with that crowd as well George Lucas Steven Spielberg, just do the research my friend :smile:
I have been reading Jim"s bio for this last month, and the only real hard drugs Jim ever tried was LSD,and it was a one time thing. Jim was a very healthy man up to the very end of his life,and as far as I have seen and read he kept his body clean as well. Jim did not just hang out with George Lucas. He helped him with Empier Strikes Back,and George helped him with Labyrinth. Doing research is great but to assume that Jim was into drugs just because he worked with two of the biggest producers in Hollywood is stretching it a bit.

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
I loved the uproar caused by Miss Piggy at the beginning after she found out about her sharpie colors being replaced and especially the end result of her office rage being a piece of paper being stuck to Bunsen.
Also some other upsides for me:
Lips speaking
Yolanda speaking
Bobo and Scooter referencing the line said by Kermit about the band being happy in the pilot trailer
The Newsman and Bobo being in competiton with each other
Yolanda objecting to what Zoot was going to doodle on the paper
Everyone objecting to Kermit's plan to get Josh Groban to stop spending too much time with Miss Piggy
Everyone's moment of silence after Pepe made a comment about Josh Groban.

Last edited:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Overall, I think this was a great improvement on the pilot which was good, but not great, if the pilot was MTM, then this was TMM, everythiing about the pilot was reallly great, and hilarious, my only problem is no Rowlf, who I hope gets to be in the next episode. From the main plot to Fozzie's subplot, everything was great, the Lea Thompson joke at the end was hilarious, and Laurence Fishburne got a few great lines. I liked the majority of the jokes in the episode, and really just want more, just a great episode of the show, and I hope people liked the episode a lot.