What made you think today?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Passing a roadside memorial for a kid not much younger than myself actually got me thinking maybe I'm not as invincible as I'd like to think I am...
It's hard to think about things like that, but you just have to be careful and wary about things when you're in situations like driving. Life is fragile.

Eyeball

Reaction score
It's hard to think about things like that, but you just have to be careful and wary about things when you're in situations like driving. Life is fragile.
Hit the nail on the head there my friend, I'm sometimes a bit too cavalier for my own good.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've kind of been thinking about how everybody's so nostalgic about the 90s lately, and it's finally donned on me why that is: it's part of the cycle of nostalgia. Every decade is always nostalgic for the decade before the last. Think about it: in the 70s people were nostalgic for the 50s; in the 80s people were nostalgic for the 60s; in the 90s people were nostalgic for the 70s; and in the 2000s people were nostalgic for the 80s . . . so here we are in the New Tens, and we're nostalgic for the 90s. So, just wait: ten years from now, we'll all be nostalgic for the 2000s.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I've been thinking about why my dad keeps taking my iPod Touch away from me.

It's finally donned on me why that is: because I don't listen to him and I don't do what I am told to do.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I've been thinking about why my dad keeps taking my iPod Touch away from me.

It's finally donned on me why that is: because I don't listen to him and I don't do what I am told to do.
So if you follow that logic, if you listen to him once in a while, and maybe do what you're told (after you move out, you can be your own boss)... drum roll, please... he.. might.. not..take...your...iPod...away.
Might as well try it. What's the worst that can happen, you get to keep it?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've kind of been thinking about how everybody's so nostalgic about the 90s lately, and it's finally donned on me why that is: it's part of the cycle of nostalgia. Every decade is always nostalgic for the decade before the last. Think about it: in the 70s people were nostalgic for the 50s; in the 80s people were nostalgic for the 60s; in the 90s people were nostalgic for the 70s; and in the 2000s people were nostalgic for the 80s . . . so here we are in the New Tens, and we're nostalgic for the 90s. So, just wait: ten years from now, we'll all be nostalgic for the 2000s.
I remember once during the big 70's comeback of the 90's saying that the 80's would come back in the 00's and they didn't believe me. Frankly, I'm NO 70's fan, mainly because I never lived it and could find the nostalgic angle as I never had one. There's plenty of great things from that decade I do enjoy, but it seems that when these things did come back it was the worst of the music related to a certain overrated movie about said music that actually popularized said music. I say that 80's cheese is much more fun than 70's cheese anyway. But at least then I have a handle on it nostalgically. Though, Funk is always pretty dang cool.

Anyway, if there's one thing I try not to think of it's the obvious passage of time between when something was in and when it became in again. I have Happy Meal toys from when these shows came out older than most of the kids buying these shirts. It's horrifying. Now you know me. I'm never nostalgic about these old cartoons because I never stopped watching them. Every time I draw something I saw recently on DA, I get the "Oh, I remember this" thing that ticks me the heck off. Especially when it's something like, say, Arthur that is still on the air. Having kids like that make you feel old is one thing, but having the tastes of a 9 year old way into you're adulthood does get depressing after a while.

And seriously. Seeds of 00's nostalgia are starting to sprout. I LOOOOOOVE Jackie Chan Adventures like crazy and all, but seeing it come back in a cult type way (you know...like those 20 dollar fan made barely copyright infringing shirts they sell at conventions that I almost bought), gives an added blow of personal feelings of patheticness.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I've been thinking about why my dad took my iPod Touch away last night.

It's finally donned on me why that is: because I didn't listen to him and I didn't do what I was told to do.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
We've been down this road before, and if you keep disobeying him, OF COURSE he's gonna take your iPod!

But you're the one who has to live with the consequences of your actions.

Listen to your dad and keep your iPod OR disobey him and have it taken away.
Even at your age, you're responsible for your actions.
You're responsible for the good things that happen to you, and you're also responsible for the bad things that happen to you.

Forgive me for being too early with my sermon, I know it's not Sunday. But if you don't want him to keep taking your stuff, the decision is up to YOU.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
When you get married you sign a contract. When you get divorced, you pay a fine.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Likewise, when you're born, there's paperwork involved to identify who you are. When you die, your relatives essentially have to sell the clothes on their back to bury you.