Wabbit: The new Looney Tunes series

Drtooth

Reaction score
Have to admit, I like how the first 2 episodes each featured Yosemite Sam. He's always been one of my favorite antagonists. Fudd's funny and a great character and all, but I do kinda agree a little with Friz Freling on him. He's not really evil, and it's more about self preservation for Bugs. Where as Sam is over the top cartoonish as a villain. He's not even close to a threat, despite the fact some cartoons give him a reputation and villagers fear him. His anger is always his undoing, and he can rage much better than Fudd ever could.

But yeah. It's nice to see Bugs not always coming out on top. The character always had that range of being able to dish it out but not take it, even if it's usually a slow burn. Like that lesser know Bugs Bunny version of the Duck Amok cartoon, Rabbit Rampage. I really find that one underrated, as Duck Amok takes advantage of Daffy's ego and quick temper, while Bugs in the same situation is trying harder to be more reasonable and slowly loses it. I hope to see more of that even handedness in this series, especially since it's Bugs's first focused cartoon series.

That said, wasn't there supposed to be some weird segments with Taz as an office worker? Or is that just an episode?

mr3urious

Reaction score
I've enjoyed the Wile E. Coyote segment the most in the 2nd episode. Him being a tech-obsessed neighbor works really well here, ditto the brothers-in-arms relationship between Bugs and Squeaks.

Drtooth

Reaction score
We got some classic Bugs Bunny at his Bugs Bunniest in the baseball and Leprechaun episodes today. Loved him screwing with the baseball star and getting him to sign a trade agreement. Also, Bugs pulling his classic annoyance routine to keep his foot in the second one. Bugs has become more Bugs like in these episodes.

Also great to see Wile E. in his "Super Genius" phase again. That really seemed to be something they wanted to do with TLS, but never got around to it. I hope this is recurring as well. That little detail where he destroyed his Road Runner shaped birdbath was a nice little nod.

And this Bigfoot episode was...well... better at least. Bigfoot came up a little less annoying, and without the hunters around, it was just Bugs getting annoyed and being the butt of Bigfoot's ignorance.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The Bigfoot cartoons have been my least favorite so far; really just empty attempts to make Bugs the straightman.

But all the others have been pretty solid, especially the ones from today.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I like that they have different series of Bugs cartoons, similar to there were different Tom and Jerry set ups (the home, the lab, and the witches) in their new show. But yeah, the Bigfoot ones aren't that strong. While I do like the idea of showing Bugs being vulnerable and frustrated instead of constantly being the one on the giving end, I really think they could have done something better than Bigfoot doing dumb guy that doesn't understand things routine. To be fair, I did laugh when he pulled up the whole bathtub and gave the dumbest grin ever.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I just found out about this a while ago on CN and It kinda made me mad. I wished I would have known before not knowing they were still going to show it on Boomerang but since all the promos I saw were on Boomerang that's why I thought it was only going to show it there. Now I have to catch up.

From what I'm seeing on Wiki (which yes I know sometime it's not right) but it shows it going to show on Cartoon Network all this week and the next and so forth. Take a lookie. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wabbit_(TV_series)

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hate their show promotion practices of showing promos of something for a week or less before something airs. Boomerang has been advertising Wabbit for over a month before its premiere, albeit cryptically. Yet, it hadn't advertised Be Cool Scooby-Doo which is getting promotion on CN for a generous (for them) 2 weeks ahead.

While I do have Boomerang, not everyone does. So I do give CN credit for trying a run on CN before dumping the show on its sister network to gauge its ratings potential.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I love how Bugs fought the Grim Reaper Bunny not so much because he was afraid of dying, but because he crushed Squeaks' nuts (as in his literal nuts). Bugs standing up for the little guy reminds me a lot of "Rabbit's Kin" where he does the same thing to that little rabbit being pursued by Pete Puma.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was on the fence about the addition of the Squeaks character from the announcement, but I'm delighted to see him work well with the show. Bigfoot, not so much, but Squeaks adds a certain caring friend element in Bugs, just like that aforementioned Pete the Puma cartoon. He kinda reminds me of Squeaker from Emperor's New Groove. Glad they kept him to just squirrel chatter noises.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I haven't really seen any shorts just yet. So I can't say anything yet about if I'll like them but from what you two have been saying it seems like they are trying to go back to the old ways of what made a Merrie Melonie short.

Yep I didn't seem to think that maybe Cartoon Network is doing little previews of the show before dropping it (like Drtooth said) onto Boomerang. It didn't dawn on me till after I had wrote what I said.

I did see a CN promo for the new Scooby Doo Show. When I saw it after the promo it was the Total Drama Redonkulous Race promo and It dawned on me that the animation is almost the same one used on the new Scooby Doo show. They kinda look like the characters from TDRR. Anyone else think that?