Hello...

TeacherKim

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just joined this forum. I am a school teacher and am interested in learning how to make puppets with my students to use in learning. Do you think 4th graders could make a puppet either individually or in small groups? I think they would be fantastic to use in story telling for history. Thanks for any suggestions or thoughts.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Hi teacher Kim! I think your idea is great, and could really help the kids be creative. Paper bag or sock puppets would be fine,and the kids could make them into whomever. Let me know howit goes.

crazy chris

Reaction score
Our puppet theater used to do puppet workshops....

We would seperate them into groups...and each group would draw a Genre and a classic story from 2 different hats...(something like Sci Fi / Three little pigs... or Western / little red riding hood) We would then work with them in creating a fun and exciting script for their show...

Then after lunch each child would get a colored sock...and tons of supplies like yarn for hair... googly eyes... pipe cleaners for arms... felt scraps for costumes... and they could just have a ball creating their very own characters

(We always had the adult of the group do all the hot glueing)

They also created props with construction paper... by late afternoon we would allow them to practice and then the parents would arrive and we would all put on the shows for them...

good times!