The Muppets Episode 1 - Pig Girls Don't Cry (Pilot)

What did you think of "The Muppets" series premiere "Pig Girls Don't Cry"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tonight's the night! "The Muppets" fourth prime-time series of all time debuts at 8 eastern, 7 central on ABC in the US. Make plans to watch one of the most anticipated shows of the fall season. Then join the discussion immediately afterwards in the Muppet Central Forum.

Episode 101 - "Pig Girls Don't Cry (Pilot)"

Miss Piggy is furious that Kermit booked Elizabeth Banks as a guest on her late night talk show ("Up Late with Miss Piggy"), Fozzie Bear meets his girlfriend’s parents, and Grammy Award-winning rock band Imagine Dragons performs their new single “Roots”.

If you missed the premiere of "The Muppets" or if you want to watch it again, the first episode is now on-line here: abc.tv/1V8Iys1.

If you saw "The Muppets" on ABC please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Randall Flagg

Reaction score
Amazingly, it didn't make me laugh even once. Didn't even make me grin. I thoroughly enjoyed their most recent movies, but I really don't see myself watching this again.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
I enjoyed the premiere and even had a few laughs too but I got the impression they seemed a bit more.. well meaner than usual? I don't know. I'm sure it'll get better as time goes on. and is it just me or does dr teeth have a new outfit? It looks kind of... simple.

Also.. where in the world did zoot think he was?!

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
I very much enjoyed the episode. For the most part, I knew what was coming, as they have been using so many clips from this episode as promos, but it still had some funny moments, especially Scooter repeatedly being pushed out of a golf cart and letting out a quiet "Owwwww..."

mbmfrog

Reaction score
First off, it was truly an adult themed Muppets, but it held some nods to the original source. I was a bit surprised to see Kermit the Frog of all Muppets...Cursing. I mean given his usual good nature style, you wouldn't see that coming, but it did.

It also reminded us of the emotional core that lies within each of the characters that stayed true to their original origins.

Gonzo the weirdo, Kermit the boss, Scooter the "help"/Gofer/ Talent, Miss Piggy the Diva.

I think Fozzie stole the show for me as usual, but Fozzie is one of my favorites of the Muppets next to Kermit the emotional core of them all.

It was a great first show and it was a bit different than what I thought it would be, but it felt some sense of the old Muppets within it.

I cannot wait for the second episode.

MuppetGuy75

Reaction score
This first episode is only the start to something really great! I thought it was absolutely hilarious! It cracked me up! I'm glad to see my childhood pals back on TV again!

:smile:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
My roommate didn't think it was "exciting" enough. Whatever. I enjoyed it. It's simply a different Muppet show. Granted, a few of the jokes felt kind of forced (adult for the sake of being adult). But hey, it's only the first episode. I could be more specific on what I liked, but I'm sure it's the same things everyone else liked. A nice mix of comedy and heart. Looking forward to episode 2. :smile:

EDIT: Glad to see Julianne Buescher has a main character.

Last edited: