We Bare Bears

snichols1973

Reaction score
So awesome to see Chloe back again. And so heartwarming to see the bears help her get her some human friends in their own overly helpful way. And let's not forget the cameo of a certain currently-running CN show playing on her TV! :smile:
In addition, the episode also featured Niki Yang from Adventure Time (Lady Rainicorn's Korean voice, and BMO) as Mrs. Park, Chloe's mother. Kudos to the Bears for helping Chloe make friends at the party as well as the A.T. crossover reference ....:big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Only thing that bugged me about the AT cameo was CN used it in the promos and you can guess what confusion that sets up. Yeah, SU is back on the schedule (yay), but AT is sadly not.

Anyway, this episode proves why this show is so adorable. The Bears have trouble fitting in with the humans, but they have a best human friend in Chloe. So seeing them try the same techniques that failed them on Chloe is a perfect mix of kinda cute, kinda sad, and kinda funny. Griz's mature adult party was delightfully wrong on every level, and I loved how Ice Bear kept insisting Chloe was much older than she looked. Considering he's the chef of the group, the "Happy 50th Chloe" cake was clearly his. And you gotta love how Panda draws anime like a white person.

snichols1973

Reaction score
I recently rediscovered this little joke of Fozzie's from a recent showing of MTM:

:embarrassed:: So the grizzly bear, he walks out of the room. Well, now, the panda bear is just sitting there, he thinks to himself, "This is odd". And then, what do you know, the phone rings. You know who it is? It's the polar bear, and the polar bear, he says to the panda bear, "I didn't know it was a koala bear!" Get it? "Koala"? Wocka wocka!

What's even more unusual is that this joke surfaced in 1984, about 31 years before We Bare Bears.

mr3urious

Reaction score
That was a nice jab at those kinds of people who like to go hunting for sasquatches or other mythical beasts. Maybe there's a good reason why Bigfoot's in hiding, you guys. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I love all the bears and all, but Charlie's one of my favorites already. I really hope he's recurring like Nom Nom. Jason Lee did a great job as he usually does here. This could have easily been just a "house guests and fish stink after three days" plot, but they really pulled this one off nicely, especially the ending.

Loved the extremely awkward hug between Panpan and Charlie at the end. And those nice little details of Charlie closing all the curtains as soon as he passed them in the cave.

snichols1973

Reaction score
The pilot episode features the bears crashing a birthday party and looking for ice cream while helping Panda recover from a breakup; it even features a Kung Fu Panda joke reference:

Grizz (to Panda): Cheer up, there are plenty of other girls out there! You're a panda; you're cute, you're cuddly, you know kung fu.

Panda: I don't know kung fu!

Grizz: Yeah, you know what I mean.

We Bare Bears - Pilot Official New Episode 2015 - Animated Cartoon - YouTube

Last edited:

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
That show is hilarious. It and Rick and Morty are two of the funniest cartoons I've seen in some time.

snichols1973

Reaction score
So, the melody of "Girl Be Selling Sunshine" from Panda's Date is definitely reminiscent of The Candy Man from Willy Wonka. And "Gonna Be Chillin'"'s instrumental is reminiscent of Why Can't We Be Friends? . I wonder if this will be a common thing
This song from the "Nom Nom" episode is clearly based on Wilson Pickett's "Land of 1000 Dances"....

snichols1973

Reaction score
After a hiatus of several weeks due to the re-running of Teen Titans Go! during CN's "New Thursday" lineup, We Bare Bears makes its way back into the primetime rotation with a new episode each night this week
This song from the "Nom Nom" episode is clearly based on Wilson Pickett's "Land of 1000 Dances"....
According to the WBB wiki, the song featured in "Nom Nom" is titled "Come On, Feel Me"...

Come On Feel Me - We Bare Bears Wiki

We Bare Bears - I Like Where This is Going - YouTube

mr3urious

Reaction score
It was great seeing Charlie back, and it was hilarious seeing Panda trying to outstack the wolfstack after he accidentally scared them away prior to that and got a chance to be on top of the bearstack after getting treated like crap by Grizz.