"The Looney Tunes Show" premieres May 3, 2011

Erine81981

Reaction score
Oh.. and this image just popped up at WB animation's headquarters.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/is-cartoon-network-prepping-a-new-jla-animated-series

It features posters of Bunnicula, Wabbit, Mike Tyson Mysteries, Be Cool, Scooby-Doo, a cryptic JLA poster (doubtful it's for a series, maybe just a series of films like Batman Unlimited?), and some weird thing that I can only make out the word "Airline" of.
Here are some promos for Wabbit which looks ok to me. I know I'll have to wait till it airs and find out if I will like it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's definitely more slapstick and closer to the original than LTS, which was made a sitcom because the show runners felt they'd be lambasted by classic Looney Tunes fans for daring to make a new Looney Tunes anything anyway. You know, so what the heck? At least do something different from trying to copy the old ones which get heckled anyway.

I'm quite excited for this. Though, I must say, I'm surprised no Be Cool Scooby-Doo stuff has surfaced yet. Maybe it won't air until later?

Erine81981

Reaction score
I'm quite excited for this. Though, I must say, I'm surprised no Be Cool Scooby-Doo stuff has surfaced yet. Maybe it won't air until later?
I did happened to find a promo for it. The only thing is it looks to be a promo for the fall season for UK "I think?" Here it is.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Considering that it has both Mr. Bean the animated series and Inspector Gadget not on Netflix, it almost has to be another country. Then again, stranger things have happened. Shaun the Sheep the TV series seemed to randomly pop up on CN recently. And frankly, I'd much rather see Mr. Bean than (and yes, you have the permission to start lashing out) Johnny Test. Yeah. They just decided "hey! That cartoon nobody liked that was getting us so little ratings for the little money we spent that we just blew off the rest of the episodes Christmas 2014 because we figure no one's going to be watching, yet can't seem to take the hint needs to be preserved on Boomerang." I just discovered that like 20 minutes ago and shouted "REALLY?!?!" probably loud enough for the neighbors to hear. Then again, British Boomerang still has the awful George of the Jungle 2008 series with sort of named the same George and Not quite Ape named Ape flailing around instead of punning it up. So...ehhhhh they're both equally bad cartoons (except GOTJINO at least has great Flash animation, I give it that much).

Anyway, nice to see some footage of the new Scooby series. Sort of looks less like the weird doodly characters from the logo and more like a Seth MacFarline cartoon in animated form. Dunno how to feel about this one, since the last 3 true Scooby-Doo TV shows (the ones that were the original formula, so "Get a Clue" doesn't count) were essentially parody versions on various levels (Pup was high, cartoonish parody, What's New was more tongue in cheek, and seemed to slightly mock some of their old cliches, Mystery Inc was a much darker parody). This one is also promising to be self parody, but by now even making fun of the Scooby formula is a bit...well... over. I almost want them to go on something closer to Mystery Inc, but not quite as dark. Maybe playing a different conspiracy angle, one not quite as supernatural.

Other than that, I'm getting actually psyched up about Wabbit.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Anyway, nice to see some footage of the new Scooby series. Sort of looks less like the weird doodly characters from the logo and more like a Seth MacFarline cartoon in animated form. Dunno how to feel about this one, since the last 3 true Scooby-Doo TV shows (the ones that were the original formula, so "Get a Clue" doesn't count) were essentially parody versions on various levels (Pup was high, cartoonish parody, What's New was more tongue in cheek, and seemed to slightly mock some of their old cliches, Mystery Inc was a much darker parody). This one is also promising to be self parody, but by now even making fun of the Scooby formula is a bit...well... over. I almost want them to go on something closer to Mystery Inc, but not quite as dark. Maybe playing a different conspiracy angle, one not quite as supernatural.

Other than that, I'm getting actually psyched up about Wabbit.
I agree with the whole Scooby Doo making parody's of the show. They either need to take another crack at something else. I wouldn't mind see either them bringing back some relatives of the characters. I know they've done that but I wouldn't mind seeing either some new characters and older ones too. And yes I know everyone always talk about Scrappy ruining the show but he didn't bother me. Yeah he could get on your nerves but I never hated seeing him. I kinda (which yes I know) hated seeing him as the villain in the movie. But that's just me. Doesn't mean I hated the movie just it could have been better to have had a different villain. Yea I think Wabbit is going to be really funny. I can see it going the almost the same route as the older shorts.

Last edited: