Joey Mazzarino leaving Sesame Street

dwayne1115

Reaction score
The heart and soul of the show could mean so many different things. My guesses would be the word on the street segments, and the other inserts with Murray. Of course going to 30 minutes there would not be much time for those I would think.

cahuenga

Reaction score
Certainly I dont consider Murray the heart and soul of the show, Sesame Street had been on the air for 38 years before Murray´s arriving, and, frankly, I consider the character very annoying.. I think we can see all these changes like an opportunity for the show to get better and grow, like The Muppets has been doing in the last 7 years.

Muzzarino

Reaction score
I guess M
I guess Matt Vogel played the Murray impostor in this clip. He would make a good replacement for Joey.
Today I found out through the pages about Joey's farewell to Sesame Street. This means it's 1989-2015 for his performance on Sesame Street, but I'm not sure if he will still do voices for The Muppets though.

I know Bill the Bug on the other hand that he performed in 1999 for Elmo in Grouchland has been absent for almost a decade now from his third appearance while the other ones including Tungar have been used in the modern episodes of the show. There could be a good performer for him if he's back on Sesame Street.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I wouldn't necessarily call those "the hear and soul" of the show, though.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I wouldn't have any heartburn if Murray disappeared, if for a little while.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
"What's the Word on the Street" has been on the show for seven years, not just five, while Murray has been hosting for five years. I wonder if the hosting segments are being dropped, giving Murray less screen time (unless they start putting him in street scenes).* I also wonder if Joey Mazzarino left before or after season 46 began production (we know that Fran Brill and Sonia Manzano did, with Manzano's retirement being announced long after production on the new season began).

*I mean this as in they planned on this long before Joey Mazzarino decided to leave.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
The more I think about it the more I'm wondering what he was fighting for. When I think about the Heart and soul of Sesame I think about the passion that Joan Ganz Conney Jim Henson and so many other people had when they created the show 46 years ago. One of there main goals was to change childrens television for the better. To make a show that was both educational and entertaining at the same time. A show that would help inner city kids or poor kids get a jump start in education so they would do better in school. To me that is what has been the heart and soul of Sesame. If that is what Joey has been fighting for a year for then it worries me about the future of the show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
after almost a year of battling for what I believe is the heart and soul of the show, I lost the war. So I packed up my metaphorical bags and and my literal office and I parted ways with Sesame Street‘.
(throws hands in the air)

Well, there goes my "don't read anything sinister into this" rationale.

Something tells me that something really bad went down well before the HBO deal. Maybe something worse than the half hour format is going to be a surprise when the show finally airs. I get the feeling that the new head of SW is kinda a tool considering that he came from HIT. I mean, seriously. Is there anyone who actually likes HIT?