Questions about anything

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Why was Kanye West given a Lifetime Achievement Award? I mean what's become of the entertainment industry anymore? Giving stars on the Walk of Fame to people whose careers aren't even impressive or haven't even been in the business very long? Giving a Lifetime Achievement Award to someone like Kanye? Celebrating douchebag personalities as having an impact on the public?
This reminds me of something Bob Newhart said in his autobiography. He said that he feels that the Lifetime Achievement Award should be given to people early in their careers and be allowed to be taken away from them if their careers end up not being so great afterwards.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just read about Spielberg severing DreamWorks' partnership with Disney, but when was DW ever partnered with Disney? Wasn't DW formed specifically to rival and compete with Disney because Jeffrey Katzenberg didn't like that they didn't do TOY STORY his way with unlikeable, ******* characters and raunchy adult humor?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, uh, can somebody tell me why they apparently don't make DVD+RWs anymore when, uh, I kinda need 'em?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Once again, I'm not risking the possibility of having an account compromised and credit information stolen just to buy something that I should be able to buy easily by walking into a store and picking it up off the shelf, but consumerism seems to be pandering to Lazy America who're too lazy to get up off their fat butts to shop for something.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What's this refugee/immigrant crisis Google keeps talking about? What happened? What's going on?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Long story short, the Syrian dictator pretty much is at war with his own people, and he's basically using gas that was banned by the UN quite some time ago on them and categorically denying it because Dictator. And it's the Middle East which means, no matter what anyone does, it results in terrorism, so everyone's too stymied to do anything about it. So the citizens of the country are just fleeing the violence, and it's a huge mess.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What the frog does engaging in SURVIVOR and BIG BROTHER-esque competitions and stripping for the camera have to do with trying to become a weatherman?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There's an SNL sketch in a home video compilation spotlighting game show sketches that is cut off before it ends. Don't know why, but before the sketch is over, it suddenly cuts to another sketch.

The sketch is titled "Dork, Geek, or Spaz", and has contestants guessing whether panelists are... Well, you can tell from the title, right? Anyway, after a few correct guesses, they bring in a guy who obviously isn't any of these. He's a tough-looking, tough-acting guy. One contestant asks him if he plays any sports, and when he confirms he doesn't, asks if it's because he's not good enough or if his mom wouldn't let him, only for him to say he had some kind of injury. The guy is clearly tough and the contestant starts to be scared... And that's when it cuts in the video.

So can anybody tell me how the sketch actually ended?