ABC Orders Muppet Pilot To Series!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
The new design is probably the point of her character.

Besides, don't judge a book by its cover. There's more to a puppet than a design--it's all about the personality and performance. And it would be wise to reserve judgment until we actually get to know her and her personality better.

Remember how some fans were back when we got our earliest glimpses of Walter...

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Not impressed with Denise's design so far, but things can change when we see the voice and mannerisms and get to know the character, which I am certainly looking forward to. And Denise's "reveal" has been dominating Twitter today, which is exciting. People are really getting into this, which hopefully will translate into ratings.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
My immediate reaction was: EW. EW. EW. (no, not Entertainment Weekley)

Now, I saw: while not as bad as I thought, she still looks iffy. We'll see how she works when the show begins.

And lest we forget: Miss Piggy wasn't a looker either when she first debuted.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, I don't know. Maybe they intentionally tried to avoid making her as attractive as Miss Piggy. But in that case, Piggy wouldn't feel threatened by her. Just a few thoughts.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
What's so bad about Denise's new design compared to her original Spamela-esque appearance?
Unfortunately, I'll have to wait until the series starts in three weeks to judge for myself.

Counting down at 21 days and, go!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Denise's new design is hideous. Her head looks like it was made from something I'd expect to see on a badly-made doll or toy. Makes me wonder, if there are ever toys of Denise, would they qualify for Tough Pigs' Ugly Toy Contests? I don't think I've ever seen a Muppet with a head made from that kind of material before.

Status
Not open for further replies.