What made you roll your eyes today thread?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So Kanye West has announced he's going to run for president in 2020. Who, besides the Krapdashian klan, would vote for the idiot anyway?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
On the Yesterdayland site that you mentioned, I (foolishly) said that I was worried about a neighbor whose mail I got for her. She hadn't answered her door one day. Thinking the worst, I told my father about what happened. So I was attacked w/ "Aww..you still live with your parents?":rolleyes: (I was in my 20s at the time.) I didn't want to mention why I still lived w/my parents. (why give them more ammunition to attack me with, right?) A lot of people were attacked on YL. I guess that's why it was closed. It was a breeding ground for trolls. :grr:
Just one troll on YL (same one on here) in particular. One time he went on another website and insulted my wife to the point of border line slander. So help me, if I ever saw him in real life, my wife would've had to bail me out of jail, because I would've decked him.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know, I used to really like Zooey Deschanel a lot, but now I've lost respect for her.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay...so among other things now Donald Trump is an Anti-Vaxxer.

Yeah...

If there's any other reason to dislike him, it's the same "I'd rather have my kids die of polio than be Autistic" mentality that's frighteningly bigoted towards Autistic people, not to mention self destructive.

I'm used to far right candidates pretending science doesn't exist, but really?!? You're going on the same platform a glorified pinup that offered no positive addition to entertainment pooped out to remain relevant?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm used to far right candidates pretending science doesn't exist, but really?!?
I've said it before, but I'll say it again: many people refuse to look at the evidence before us and accept the fact that Global Warming (now called Climate Change, as apparently, Global Warming is now politically incorrect) exists and is happening before our eyes, simply because Al Gore (from the left) tried bringing it to our attention all these years ago. Now, had some on the far right said the same thing instead all those years ago, you can bet they'd be acting on it: we'd all be driving light-colored cars, using electricity instead of feul, using florescent instead of halogen bulbs, among other things because the far right are as elitist as they come: if they say it, it's the truth; if the left says it, it's a bunch of hogwash.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That has both the bend of the oil lobby and pandering top the religious right. Nothing more needs to be said about it. It's not that they don't want to believe in it, it's that their paid to say otherwise. What makes it especially painful is there's so darn many jobs attached to not clean burning, non-renewable fuels that the country essentially painted itself into a corner and can't vanquish the industries without a major economic collapse, which of course only the workers will face, not the CEO's. So yeah. Due to our economic structure, we can't do a darn thing about it. YET, no one says a word about how obsolete technology has destroyed physical media retail jobs. Ones like Blockbuster, FYE's, book stores, and eventually Gamestops. Those are kinda the rising jobs for college students, and they don't only carry physical media, meaning less places to sell movie and TV show based knicknacks, meaning less business for the toy manufacturers, big named or indie. So, less jobs there as well.

So in short, "how DARE you have a war on coal and oil? We need those jobs. But I wanna watch Age of Extinction on my current iPhone in line to purchase the new iPhone the way the film makers intended. Also all new movies suck, and it's all Hollywood's fault." Really? REALLY?!?!

That said, Global Warming isn't so much a politically correct term so much as a completely inaccurate term. Half the reason why no one believed it was because it doesn't actually warm the entire globe up, and causes temperature and weather swings in bot directions. Plus, the real issue is the rising sea levels anyway, which no one wants to talk about on either side of the issue.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh, wonderful, we've already given Lea Michele a new show, and she's already being smug and conceited about it: "I used to be on GLEE, and my character on that show blahblahlbah..."

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, but if it gets a Seinfeld Curse situation where they can't live up to the original, it's not going to last long. I doubt it will.