The Chipmunks

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So the show has become such a ratings jaugernaut for Nick that they decided from this point on, they're going to air half a new episode a day instead a full episode to help spread them out over a longer period of time.

Makes me wonder why they decided to make it a daily series instead of a weekly series anyway.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
So the show has become such a ratings jaugernaut for Nick that they decided from this point on, they're going to air half a new episode a day instead a full episode to help spread them out over a longer period of time.
I have a bad feeling that showing only 1 new half episode a day will bring down the ratings. Not sure why, I just feel like it's not the smartest idea. Hopefully I'm wrong, and the ratings continue to be high. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Honestly, it doesn't even really make sense to show half a new episode anyway. So, the schedules still show that the show is filling up that particular half-hour slot, so how does that work? Are they going to do half a new episode and half a repeat from another? That's going to cause a lot of confusion!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Honestly, it doesn't even really make sense to show half a new episode anyway. So, the schedules still show that the show is filling up that particular half-hour slot, so how does that work? Are they going to do half a new episode and half a repeat from another? That's going to cause a lot of confusion!
CN does it all the time. Though this will be the first I've seen Nick do this. I've seen them once or twice show half a Spongebob, but that was usually after a movie that doesn't take up the entire 2 hour slot.

But yeah. It should have been weekly after the first week. But at least it means Nick has something doing well in the ratings enough that they have something besides Spongebob and Nicky, Ricky, Dicky, and Dawn. Seriously, the HECK with Nicky, Ricky, Blizblazz, and Himham.

Yorick

Reaction score
I just saw S1E11 of "ALVINNN!!! and the Chipmunks" and it's the first episode of the show I've ever seen. Though I prefer character designs of the 80's through the Frankenstein and Wolfman movies (and the 60's in The Alvin Show) I was so glad to hear Dave, Alvin, Simon, and Theodore with their 80's show voices again! Nice surprise, and the episode itself was written well! All in 2015...wow! Double shock! :smile: Congrats, bravo, and thanks to all involved!

Drtooth

Reaction score
They have their 80's voices because Ross and Janice have much much more creative control over this series than in the films. No Fox execs telling them they need to go Hollywood. Ross and Janice own this series...heck, Janice's name is on the title card.

I have to admit, I really wish they'd open up the voice acting pool for incidentals. Seems both of them do most of the voices. And some characters kinda sound the same. However, I think I detected Michael Bell's voice as a clown and a doctor.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That was the same problem with the 80s show after they switched from Ruby-Spears to DiC: Ross and Janice did practically all the voices themselves, with the exception of Dody Goodman (Miss Miller, obviously) and their associate producer who did terrible voices. Janice has a pretty good range, but Ross's is very limited, and all his characters sound like, well, Dave. The general from "Cadet's Regrets," the bad guy and store owner from "Alvey's Angels," they all sound like Dave. Vanessa and Michael seem to have limited ranges as well, but I've enjoyed their work so far - all of Brittany's friends seem to not only have the same voice, but speak in the same valley girl accent. But again, ALVINNN!!! seems to be a mostly family affair.

But for a taste of extra awesomeness, check out this article that pretty much accuses Ross and Janice of not recognizing the characters and the franchise were the creations of Ross Sr. - Ross Jr. actually sets the record straight down in the comments.
http://www.cartoonbrew.com/ideas-co...at-no-cartoon-creator-can-control-117065.html

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'd say that "A Room of One's Own" is so far the only flat note the show has hit: basically a rehash of "No Chipmunk is an Island" from the 80s series, and was pretty predictable from the start with a contrived and rushed resolution.

But that's just one flat note, the rest of the series has been great so far.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
New episodes were supposed to resume airing next week, but now it would seem that Nick is taking the show off completely. They're putting Ricky, Nicky, Mickey, Icky, Licky, Sticky, Tricky, Dicky, Wiki and Bob on at 5:00 and Henry Danger at 5:30 now - we're not even getting even repeats during the day . . . God forbid we replace any of the seven SpongeBob airings a day with something else.

I really don't get Nick's handling of the show: if it's such a ratings juggernaut like they claim it is, why do they keep bouncing it around the schedule? Why are they pulling it off when there's still more new episodes yet to air? And why aren't there any episodes available On Demand?

mr3urious

Reaction score
I really don't get Nick's handling of the show: if it's such a ratings juggernaut like they claim it is, why do they keep bouncing it around the schedule? Why are they pulling it off when there's still more new episodes yet to air? And why aren't there any episodes available On Demand?
That's Nick for ya. If it's not getting SpongeBob-level ratings right out of the gate, it's not worth their time. :rolleyes: