"Peanuts" movie in development for November 2015 release

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I think the film looks cute I will probably go see It with my 7 year old Nephew:smile:

Thomas Young

Reaction score
Latest news on The Peanuts Movie: Twentieth Century Fox and Blue Sky Studios celebrated 'Draw A Bird Day' on April 8 with a new video that featured director Steve Martino giving instructional tips for drawing Snoopy's fine-feathered pal, Woodstock!

Mr Snrub

Reaction score
"There’s a new kid in town, and she’s a smart, kind, beautiful Little Red-Haired Girl. And—good grief!—Charlie Brown finds himself instantly with a crush on her. Will he be able to impress her? Charlie Brown has never been able to kick a football, and he’s never been able to keep a kite from being eaten by the Kite-Eating Tree, but he’s also never been able to quit once he starts something. So, Charlie Brown will go to any lengths to impress the Little Red-Haired Girl! Performing a magic act in the school talent show is bound to do the trick, but if that fails, he’ll try learning to dance and showing off his moves in the dance contest. Will Charlie Brown prove that he’s got talent…or will he embarrass himself as usual? Good grief!

Meanwhile, Snoopy is heading out on a fantastical flight of the imagination as the Flying Ace! Snoopy might seem like a regular dog, but he has a big imagination and talents galore. Snoopy wants to go to school like his owner, Charlie Brown, so he tries to sneak in! When that doesn’t work, he tries to be the World’s Greatest Writer and the Flying Ace, going anywhere his mind will take him.While on his adventure, Snoopy falls head over heels for Fifi, a spunky, high-flying poodle, in the skies over Paris. But when the dastardly Red Baron captures Fifi, it’s up to Snoopy and Woodstock to take down the Red Baron once and for all!"

Synopsis culled from

http://www.amazon.com/Youve-Talent-...&qid=1434342867&sr=1-2&keywords=peanuts+movie

http://www.amazon.com/Peanuts-Movie...&qid=1434342867&sr=1-4&keywords=peanuts+movie

http://www.amazon.com/Skys-Limit-Sn...&qid=1434342867&sr=1-5&keywords=peanuts+movie

Drtooth

Reaction score
Nice to see that it's much less of a dated, pandering project as a CGI movie than some of the specials were... and we all know which one I'm talking about.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Nice to see that it's much less of a dated, pandering project as a CGI movie than some of the specials were... and we all know which one I'm talking about.
You're talking about Flashbeagle, right? I admit, as painfully dated as that special was, I still enjoy it for all its '80s cheese-filled musical numbers. :smile:

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
one thing I like Is It looks like they stayed true to what the peanuts are, there are no kids with I-Phones, or modern Gizmo's and Gadgets like Computers and HD-TV's I have read that If they don't stay true to the story the Schultz family can sue the studio for a large sum. the only modern thing in it was a Ricky Martin song if you can even call Ricky Martin Modern, it could be a lot worse. Overall it looks cute and looks like a pleasant surprise!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I loved it as a kid, and the songs are insanely catchy, but I don't understand it as an adult. It's like it's Disco, but it wants to be a reference to Flashdance, but you can tell that no one involved even was in the same room with that movie at any point in history. Then there's the live action one with Spike Roger Rabbited onto it. That's even worse because it basically has nothing to do with Peanuts and you could super impose any cartoon dog into it and it could be the same thing. I'm lucky I was spared the horrors of the Pide Piker Piper musical.

But yeah, FlashBeagle was classic Snoopy escapism (I saw a documentary on Schulz on PBS once, and there's a depressing reason for that), but taken to an extreme. And saying that one word makes me think if Schulz was still around and doing specials, we would have got like Extreme Sports Snoopy at some point in 2005. I'm glad the hippest Snoopy gets is his classic Joe Cool character. In an era where CGI kid's movies are all at the moment references (not as bad as a Scary Movie type deal), it's nice to know that this film looks and feels like any given Peanuts special, only with CGI that's made to look not like CGI. Kinda reminds me of the pre-Hey Arnold cartoons. The mix of 3-D and 2-D. A 2.5 D if you will.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
besides a few choice songs that I hope don't make it in to the Movie, like the Rap/Pop song, that do not belong in a Peanuts movie, It actually looks cute,

but a lot of times songs that are in trailers are not in that said movie, so I am keeping my fingers crossed.... If the songs are just in the credits then I am fine with that even though I always stay for the entire credits, which is cool when they show things in the credits or a post credits scene!!!!!!!!!!!