Kermit and Miss Piggy Officially Split!

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I can not remember a single episode of TMS where Kermit wanted to date Miss Piggy or any hints that Kermit had any interest in her, but that was played for laughs, in the first few movies, Kermit liked Miss Piggy, and then nothing has happened much since then before the new theatrical releases.
I remember Kermit being jealous of Miss Piggy's crush on Christopher Reeve during that particular Muppet Show episode, "Gee, she never called me a beautiful brute."

(FYI, Piggy did actually call Kermit that in one of the earlier episodes.)

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I don't know, but it seems to me that the people on the inside and the fans where just not on the same page.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Whether it's Kermit and Miss Piggy and their fictionalized relationship on television or it's Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner and real life celebrity break ups playing out in the less reputable newspapers, too many people are far too invested in this stuff.

I love the Muppets to the point of obsession just like most everyone here, but might I suggest something? Go outside. Form real relationships with real people in your real life and invest in them and keep the Muppets as entertainment in your life. The only thing important about the new show is that it's funny and in the spirit of the Muppets. Kermit and Piggy's on-again-off-again contentious relationship is very much in keeping with the Muppet Show tradition. :cool:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Whether it's Kermit and Miss Piggy and their fictionalized relationship on television or it's Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner and real life celebrity break ups playing out in the less reputable newspapers, too many people are far too invested in this stuff.
And the frustrating thing is, this whole stunt was supposed to be a satire of that nonsense. Celebrity news is as choreographed as this publicity stunt for the show, and we all know about crap like TMZ (which isn't news nor should it be a legitimate show) and tabloids (they're still a thing?!) have too much influence. I have always hated the culture of "Oh, we love celebrities so much we want to watch them fail because they get paid to do nothing and we have to struggle." It's bitter and contradictory. Celebrity obsession like that is unhealthy. It's not a culture of "oh well, that sucks. Now how was your day?" it's a culture of either thinking that relationships we're not prithee to the details ending is absolutely horrible, or wanting to see people they don't like fail because somehow it's karmic justice. And that kind of culture creates the same crappy celebrities we want to see fail, not to mention the culture of people being famous for being related to rich people that we hate so much we can't stop talking about them because that's exactly what they want.

So this Kermit/Piggy split being official is a light nudge to that. And it's doing a better job drumming up interest than putting them on shopping networks (which totally shouldn't still be a thing).

jvcarroll

Reaction score
And the frustrating thing is, this whole stunt was supposed to be a satire of that nonsense. Celebrity news is as choreographed as this publicity stunt for the show, and we all know about crap like TMZ (which isn't news nor should it be a legitimate show) and tabloids (they're still a thing?!) have too much influence. I have always hated the culture of "Oh, we love celebrities so much we want to watch them fail because they get paid to do nothing and we have to struggle." It's bitter and contradictory. Celebrity obsession like that is unhealthy. It's not a culture of "oh well, that sucks. Now how was your day?" it's a culture of either thinking that relationships we're not prithee to the details ending is absolutely horrible, or wanting to see people they don't like fail because somehow it's karmic justice. And that kind of culture creates the same crappy celebrities we want to see fail, not to mention the culture of people being famous for being related to rich people that we hate so much we can't stop talking about them because that's exactly what they want.

So this Kermit/Piggy split being official is a light nudge to that. And it's doing a better job drumming up interest than putting them on shopping networks (which totally shouldn't still be a thing).
We're a culture of seeing something that has little to nothing to do with us, blowing it out of proportion and then picking a side. That and taking pictures of our breakfast pastries and publishing them on Instagram for the world to see. But with that last one - at least breakfast is important. :wink:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Honestly if this leads to huge ratings for the show then I think it is a good thing, like I mean what was the publicity for MT, anyone know.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Actually, after seeing Rachel's video, I think that may have been the problem with MT altogether.

:smile::embarrassed::concern: I think that may have been the problem with MT.

It's nice that this new show will have sort of an ongoing plot. After all, how often did Kermit and Piggy even interact on Muppets Tonight. Like she said, we'll just wait and see what the future holds for the two of them.

Muppetgirl09

Reaction score
I doubt that the break up will last long, but I don't know. I heard something on the news saying that it "Serves as an ad. for their new series..." on youtube. I'm still confused about this.

Last edited: