Behold... the New Teen Titans Cartoon...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Surprised this wasn't commented on last week... Kicking a Ball and Pretending It Hurts made me laugh almost every second.
From the confusion over "fútbol" versus "football" to the Sock Him running gag of beating up Beast Boy to the overexaggeration of the "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!" to the discovery of the truth of soccer to the potential repeat of the plot when Cyborg's bowling ball cracked open (which thanks to the TTG Wiki I now know it was a bowling turkey, ha, you get cleverness points for that one).

BTW: Could someone please give a descript of King Goal or the soccer trolls? Thanks. :batty:

Drtooth

Reaction score
It was pretty alright for a Titans act like morons over something for 10 minutes episode. And like I said before a hundred times, sure the writers love that kind of episode (and next episode seems to be yet another one as well), but episodes where they do something and make fun of their own mythos shine. I really liked 2 weeks ago's episode about Rose Wilson, even liked the odd TMNT parody episode. It's the episodes where they all turn into season 7 onward Peter Griffin that I don't much care for. Of course, I'm probably not the only one that thinks so, and the writers of this particular series pick up on that. being the trolls they are, they purposely make more of those kinds of episodes to get a reaction.

Still, this was a decent one. Really wish they made the Troll King's motives more sinister, using futbol riots to take over the world. Sounds much funnier and biting at the subject matter.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Cartoon Conspiracy takes a look at this...

Not my theory. Mine? Teen Titans Go is the result of Larry (the Robin equivalent of Bat-Mite for those who forgot) screwing with their universe.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They seriously did something amazing, you guys, in last night's episode.

For the first time ever on the series...

all five members of the Hive actually had lines!

Seriously, man. All five of them spoke instead of just Lauren Tom's characters. That's amazing as freak for this show. Sure, they recast Billy Numerous as Scott Menville instead of bothering to give Jason Marsden a paycheck. It always bugged me that the show is so cheap that they barely can afford one extra voice actor per episode, thus leaving the rest of the Hive to mime everything. I've grown to accept the idiot plots and comedic sociopathy, but I still think that it's bull they're stingy with the voice actors.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I don't know why, but I thought the "Waffles" episode was HILARIOUS!! Just having Beast Boy & Cyborg say nothing but "Waffles" was the funniest thing the creators had ever done to the Teen Titans. I do admit the "video game" episode was great!!!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, they had an episode featuring Slade in a way a trolling series like TTG can...

...by not featuring him at all and saying that he's gone for good, clearly saying they're never going to use him ever as they're just trying to honk the original series fans off. Plus, it sort of had a nice little backhand of mentioning how something from your childhood isn't as good as you remember it. ...yeah... that's subtle. This really should have been the 100th episode instead of the Whisper Demon one. It really shows what TTG is all about, having fun at the expense of the fans of the original.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, TTG is no longer the worst show on the network. They apparently brought back Baby Looney Tunes. :confused:

REALLY?!?

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I just started watching Teen Titans Go! I have to say, it's quite interesting. My favorite characters are Beast Boy and Raven. I don't ship them, though. Okay, I ship them A LITTLE! :smile:.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Pfeh, it's super easy to catch up on TTG from the start of the series or whatever back episodes that have been missed. Forget about the fact CN airs TTG every single day... Just flip over to Boomerang where you can catch not only the earlier episodes of TTG but the original series earlier in the same day's afternoon. Heh, that oughta make some people cvetch comparing the two series back to back like that. :shifty:

Drtooth

Reaction score
While I certainly don't hate the show by any means, I really wish that the writers would get out of the rut of "Titans act like morons for 11 minutes with Raven maybe being the voice of reason depending" episodes.

Dignity of Teeth was just... really? even for them.

Now, I must say, I LOVED the return of Lady Legasus and the Titans becoming the LegForce. In fact, I don't think I've laughed at an episode so hard. They really seemed to be having fun playing off super hero team Tropes on that one, and it proves the characters can be just as funny (if not funnier) as brothers and sisters at arms as a bunch of jerks constantly getting on each others' nerves. I'd love to see more of that.

Plus, they announced an episode with Weird Al as Darkseid. Unfortunately that seems to be a ways off, since the next episode is about them ticking off Robin by putting spicy things in their food. :rolleyes:

Pfeh, it's super easy to catch up on TTG from the start of the series or whatever back episodes that have been missed. Forget about the fact CN airs TTG every single day... Just flip over to Boomerang where you can catch not only the earlier episodes of TTG but the original series earlier in the same day's afternoon. Heh, that oughta make some people cvetch comparing the two series back to back like that. :shifty:
I really wish they would continue to put the original series on Boomerang. It's like they stopped, unless there's different programming for where you live. I hate that Boomerang turned into the What's New Scooby-Doo and The Garfield Show network, but that seems to be changing. They've put Courage the Cowardly Dog back on the line up, and surprisingly Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries! I just wish their programming varied a little more.