Uncle Grandpa

Drtooth

Reaction score
That really supports my theory number two. CN is waaaay too afraid of anything else on the network besides their weeknight shows. I don't think either show is a good investment to dump on a channel that few cable subscribers get and even fewer pay attention to. I mean, there's a reason it consists of What's New Scooby-Doo and Garfield Show reruns.

I don't see how adding shows to the line up will kill the hold they have. Then again, I don't see why putting Sonic and RID at the earliest timeslots possible on Saturday to show the same shows they show all week all day is a valid business model. But as long as Johnny Test and Annoying Orange stay the crap away, I'm okay with it. And they do still have the Tom and Jerry block in the mornings.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I love how in "Uncle Grandpa Babies", instead of using a "generic president to keep the show from becoming dated", they made him Ronald Reagan, making the show already way dated. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not to mention the subtle reference to the fact that what they were referencing was made when he was President.

I really like how they continued the skit from several episodes back, clearly referencing and parodying Muppet Babies, yet went with an entirely different premise instead of a straight up satire.

That said, I'm wondering if I like these extended action based episode as much as the usual batch of Uncle Grandpa helping a kid or Uncle Grandpa hanging around with his crew episodes.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I really enjoyed it a little more then just the hanging out with his crew episodes but I still enjoy them ever so often. I thought they did a really great job in this episode. I loved how they all keep their voice other then getting others to do the baby versions or even just making baby noises.

Really great hope to see more of these types of shows.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Birdman in that episode really ought to be called Birdbro. Wouldn't want to get sued by anyone, now. :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Kinda disappointed the title didn't mean a certain Attorney at Law didn't make an appearance. Especially since CN/Time Warner owns the darn thing.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Kinda disappointed the title didn't mean a certain Attorney at Law didn't make an appearance. Especially since CN/Time Warner owns the darn thing.
I in a way thought that was going to be him. It was ok.

Drtooth

Reaction score
But on the other hand, it was great to see Uncle Grandpa and Co back to their original wackiness after last week's special episode. And that Birdman was hilarious if anything due to him repeating the same workout cliches over and over. Then of course, how Pizza Steve cared more about his shades than his own body, giving that great punchline at the end. Then again, Pizza Steve is clearly immortal.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Huh. So Cheesepuff Mike has a twitter. Wonder if it's made by the production team. If so, it makes that "Casey Alexander ruined Spongebob" post a delightful meta joke.

Yorick

Reaction score
Love the new Christmas episode. I won't spoil anything, but just watch it if you like this show at all. It's one of the best episodes...by far.