The Clarence thread

mr3urious

Reaction score
So, what real-life board game is "Thirty Days and Seven Seas" based off of? It looks like a lot of fun. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Looks a heck of a lot more fun than Dungeons, Dungeons, and MORE Dungeons.

But without Weird Al, though.

Nice to see a minor character get an episode to prove himself again. The show has lots of weird looking background characters, and more reasonable looking secondary ones. The thing I really love about this series is when these characters get a time to shine, or at least get to share focus with the main 3 kids. Stops them from being the undefined character to play off to or the one note gag character.

mr3urious

Reaction score
If there's one character I'm hoping to see return, it's Amy the tomboy. Since she most likely moved to a different town, maybe they can do something completely different and focus a whole episode on her with none of the main characters appearing.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's great to see another Jeff-centric episode. You really gotta admire how much of an adult he thinks he is. And while often times this can be a good thing (like the Belson sleepover episode), it winds up ruining the other kids' fun here. Jeff's perfectionism ruins his own party, and when everyone flocks over to Gilben's, he automatically blames everyone but himself. I mean, seriously? Only one Pizza?

Also great to see how Gilben "works" in their world since the character's turned into a running gag about being flat. Especially since the first couple episodes he was a normal kid who moved around. He has the potential to be more disturbing than the whole of "Lil Buddy." Even though the kids don't seem to be creeped out by his... oddness.

mr3urious

Reaction score
And of course, they just had to squeeze a Big Lebowski reference in there with Jeff as the Jesus.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I really like how Clarence enjoys spending time with Jeff just as much as Sumo, despite being more boring. It's like he knows how much they all need one another. :smile:

mr3urious

Reaction score
We get yet another acid trip of an episode with Clarence's crazy dream. I loved how lucid his dream state was, and how he still tried to make up for failing to close the garage door while his mom was away by doing it in his sleep. :smile:

Erine81981

Reaction score
We get yet another acid trip of an episode with Clarence's crazy dream. I loved how lucid his dream state was, and how he still tried to make up for failing to close the garage door while his mom was away by doing it in his sleep. :smile:
This one really tripped me out. I have had dreams like this where I think I'm doing it and then I wake up and I found out I didn't. Or having hear someone talk in my dream come to find out it's the TV.