Kermit and Miss Piggy Officially Split!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Season 3! At the end of season 2, Kermit and Denise will be getting married and on the season 3 premiere something will happen and Kermit will realize he is marrying the wrong pig.

Convincing John

Reaction score
How many people believe Star Trek is real? Star Wars? Are you sure there is no "force" and it can't be with us?
Futurama references aside:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_fandom#Religion

http://www.jedichurch.org/

There are some people who take it very seriously, even though it's fictional, just like any other TV show or movie franchise with fictional characters.

But to stay on topic, Kermit and Piggy are a part of that troupe of characters people really care about because they are performed so well, and that's what makes the difference in people's reactions here and around the internet. Would anyone be having this discussion if Ernie and Little Bit from Peppermint Park were breaking up? Nope.

At the end of shooting, Steve and Eric take the puppets off of their hands and put them away. Then they go home and have dinner, spend time with their families, take out the garbage and pay the bills, just like we do. It was the same when Jim and Frank did this years ago.

So, let's just enjoy the show when it comes on and hope that the quality of the work meets (and hopefully) exceeds our expectations.

Drtooth

Reaction score
By the end of the first season?
By all means, it depends on the reception of the TV show. If them getting closer to a make up relationship means the show's near it's end, I hope that's not until season 4 or 5.

I want to see this play out, is all I'm saying. The original show was all about how the romance was one sided (and hypocritical when Piggy would want to run of with the human male guest but got upset when Kermie dared be nice to their female guests), but the movies were different because...well... they're contained 90 minute stories. The Kermit and Piggy relationship will bring some great level of comedy and dramatic tension in the series, and that's why I love Kermit being with another pig.

Though, no dissing Denise here, but you almost wonder if they could have got Louise Gold out here and made that Annie Sue.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
i miss annie sue. she was cute. i still wonder if they will do that. i also worry the show won't last long which would be depressing.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The Kermit and Piggy relationship will bring some great level of comedy and dramatic tension in the series, and that's why I love Kermit being with another pig.
I totally agree that it brings great possibilities for comedy and tension. I personally would have had Kermit be with a completely different type from Piggy (both temperamentally and physically), as that might be even more stinging.

terrimonster

Reaction score
By the end of the first season?
I would guess Kermit and Denise are broken up by the end of the first season, perhaps mid-way through. But I expect they will keep Kermit and Piggy apart as long as they can, playing up the tension of a couple who clearly want to be together but still fight constantly.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Season 3! At the end of season 2, Kermit and Denise will be getting married and on the season 3 premiere something will happen and Kermit will realize he is marrying the wrong pig.
Dwayne, I think you just described "Summerland." Not sure a lot of people here would remember that show. But that was definitely a similar plot.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I would guess Kermit and Denise are broken up by the end of the first season, perhaps mid-way through. But I expect they will keep Kermit and Piggy apart as long as they can, playing up the tension of a couple who clearly want to be together but still fight constantly.
Which is the angle I'm actually excited for vis a vis the Kermit and Piggy relationship. We've seen Piggy extremely jealous of female guest stars before, but never a recurring character that she has to work with (the Annie Sue thing was more about her being upstaged as a star, unless I need to rewatch those again, and Piggy coming to terms because she's such a big fan that it's essentially an ego-stroke for Piggy). I want to see this as a passive aggressive, over it but not really over it character arc for Piggy, seeing her have a slow burn over Kermit and Denise and realizing what she lost by being her.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Sure, but at what cost? I mean there are a lot of fans who know these are fictional characters but yet they still invested a lot of time and emotion into believing in there relationship. Besides all that the last two movies really made it seem like Kermit and Piggy where finally a couple and a happy one. To me it's just a waste of my emotions to think that there relationship was going great only to have all that taken away by a break up.
Oh come on. These are fictional characters created simply for comedy. I see this as only another funny act between the two characters not any more different as some things done in the past (Kermit firing Piggy etc). Either way something tells me this definitely would not be the last time.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I can not remember a single episode of TMS where Kermit wanted to date Miss Piggy or any hints that Kermit had any interest in her, but that was played for laughs, in the first few movies, Kermit liked Miss Piggy, and then nothing has happened much since then before the new theatrical releases.