Dealing with depression and anxiety

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
You took a huge step coming out of your shell. You should be proud. Taking a few risks is necessary in life. If you have big dreams, want to make an impact, you can't let fear stand in your way.
That's wonderful your crush turned into a solid friendship (and it might not necessarily be over. You'll be surprised when someone from your past shows up in your life again).
As for jobs, just get ready to pound the pavement. It's a cutthroat world out there, and you'll be out there with other graduates competing like you can't believe. But don't let fear stop you. Sometimes dreams are all we got. Don't let anybody (or anything, like fear) take them from you.

WalterLinz

Reaction score
I know this is very late, but I forgot to say thanks to those who gave me advice and support!:smile: I've been doing pretty better lately, I have been practicing focusing on doing my own thing rather than being concerned about others in public. Well, exceeept...

I've been struggling with a little something lately, I know this may sound a bit silly, but I've been trying so so hard to ignore any comments regarding Walter (yes, the Muppet). I know he's not meant to please everybody and not everyone hates him. I know these people are just stating their opinion, but I'm just really really nervous about seeing a ton of negative complaints (on Facebook, Twitter) about him when the new show premieres just like the pilot (if he'll be on the show, that is). And these leave me feeling mixed emotions and it bothers me and ruins my day.

So I am trying my best at just ignoring these and I'm trying my hardest at sticking with my own opinion of him, but I just can't seem to stop thinking about these comments.

You're probably reading this and thinking, "Who cares?" And "Wow, such a long post for the most useless Muppet!" But I just had to blurt this out, sorry.:embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Walter is okay, and I'm happy he made Peter Linz more recognizable.
Not everybody is going to like the same things as you (not everybody likes the same things as me, either, and I don't expect them to).

There will always be trolls out there saying savage things just to get a rise out of people (one notorious d-bag used to prowl around here, until he got banned).
I wouldn't take their comments to heart. If you like Walter, if he has a special spot in your heart, then that's all that matters.

Also, you can post however you feel about Walter, and if not everybody feels the same way, it doesn't mean you're wrong for liking him. I just wouldn't depend too much on "everybody has to like my post, and if they don't,, it will bother me". Seeking the approval of others (wanting everyone to like the same things as you) can do you some harm. How YOU feel is the most important thing. How some anonymous scribe you'll never meet feels doesn't matter.

You don't have to change how you feel to please anyone. As long as you're not leaving negative comments or starting a flame war, you're fine.

And there are more useless Muppets out there, but that's a subject for another day.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I forgot to say thanks to those who gave me advice and support.

I've been doing better lately.

I don't get into fights with my dad anymore and I don't get upset as much.

I also no longer have depression.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
I had a luncheon to go to with some people from an organization I have the opportunity to join and, I was SO anxious because I feel like I'm such a bother being a noob but, they were all so sweet and understanding and helped me with all my shy and un-warmness and helped me warm up and feel calm ^^ They are very real and nice people and, I'm very happy with that aspect of my life :big_grin:

But, then there's my family...My mom hasn't been on my back lately but, some nasty words my father wrote her in a court letter have stuck with me...

He claims that we make no effort to communicate with his parents (my other set of grandparents, not my abuelo and abuela) and, well, honestly, why should I?

In this situation, my age aside, I am the 'child.' Why in the world should I be the one to pick up the phone and be all: 'Hey, grandma! Hey, grandpa!'

That's not the way it works...Or, not the way it's supposed to work anyway.

Plus, last year, after my suicide attempt; I did try to make contact with my father and even wrote him both a birthday card AND a father's day card only to get NO word back and well, I've said before and i'll say it again: I can see how much he cares.

I really truly don't want to be bothered with them but, my mom went out the other day, found a coke with my grandfather's name on it, bought it and now is attempting to make me go over to those peoples' house and all...THEY DO NOT LIKE HER AND NEVER WILL I DON'T KNOW WHY SHE TRIES SO HARD! THEY HATE HER BECAUSE OF HER RACE AND, AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED, IF THEY HATE MY MOTHER SO MUCH BECAUSE SHE'S 100% HISPANIC THEN, THEY HATE ME IN THE SAME AREAD FOR BEING 50% HISPANIC.

Therefore, I want nothing to do with those racists. Plus, if they ever caught wind that I was in an interracial relationship on top of that...Well, y'know. If they don't hate me and all mixing of races already, they'd hate them even more by then.

Just gahhh...I wish my boyfriend and I could pack up, move to Canada or something and just be done with all these horrible people.

Otherwise, I'm very happy the way my college social life (with the organization) and my social-social life with my boyfriend is going but, the thing with my mom trying to make my grandparents like me is dragging me down :frown:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I had a luncheon to go to with some people from an organization I have the opportunity to join and, I was SO anxious because I feel like I'm such a bother being a noob but, they were all so sweet and understanding and helped me with all my shy and un-warmness and helped me warm up and feel calm ^^ They are very real and nice people and, I'm very happy with that aspect of my life :big_grin:

But, then there's my family...My mom hasn't been on my back lately but, some nasty words my father wrote her in a court letter have stuck with me...

He claims that we make no effort to communicate with his parents (my other set of grandparents, not my abuelo and abuela) and, well, honestly, why should I?

In this situation, my age aside, I am the 'child.' Why in the world should I be the one to pick up the phone and be all: 'Hey, grandma! Hey, grandpa!'

That's not the way it works...Or, not the way it's supposed to work anyway.

Plus, last year, after my suicide attempt; I did try to make contact with my father and even wrote him both a birthday card AND a father's day card only to get NO word back and well, I've said before and i'll say it again: I can see how much he cares.

I really truly don't want to be bothered with them but, my mom went out the other day, found a coke with my grandfather's name on it, bought it and now is attempting to make me go over to those peoples' house and all...THEY DO NOT LIKE HER AND NEVER WILL I DON'T KNOW WHY SHE TRIES SO HARD! THEY HATE HER BECAUSE OF HER RACE AND, AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED, IF THEY HATE MY MOTHER SO MUCH BECAUSE SHE'S 100% HISPANIC THEN, THEY HATE ME IN THE SAME AREAD FOR BEING 50% HISPANIC.

Therefore, I want nothing to do with those racists. Plus, if they ever caught wind that I was in an interracial relationship on top of that...Well, y'know. If they don't hate me and all mixing of races already, they'd hate them even more by then.

Just gahhh...I wish my boyfriend and I could pack up, move to Canada or something and just be done with all these horrible people.

Otherwise, I'm very happy the way my college social life (with the organization) and my social-social life with my boyfriend is going but, the thing with my mom trying to make my grandparents like me is dragging me down :frown:
That's too bad your mother is trying to get you to go see your grandparents just to give them a can of Coke. You're old enough to know whether or not you want to keep in contact with people, and you shouldn't have to go see them essentially as a favor for your mother. Hopefully your social life and time with your boyfriend can help you stay calm in this tough time.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
There's no excuse for anybody hating you (or your mother) for your race. But you have to expect that from ignorant people. The best you or anybody can do is pray for God to soften their hearts.
I'm glad you're still here after your suicide attempt. That proves you have a reason for being here. With your writing, and the support of your boyfriend and Abuela, you're showing life is to be governed by love, not hate.
Keep focusing on the positive difference YOU can make. You got a lot of people in your corner.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
OK, I know this is going to sound petty and bitter, etc., lol. But the other day on Facebook I came across the profile of someone who had harassed me in High School and made my life utterly miserable. Apparently this person now has kids and seems really happy. Meanwhile, I don't know if I'll ever be that happy. It does make me wonder about the universe. I know the idea is that we're supposed to be happy when a lost sheep has been found, heh. But right now I'm having a hard time mustering up that happiness. :stick_out_tongue:

Last edited:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
You can't always believe what people post in their profiles on Facebook. They'll make you want to believe everything is all roses in their life. Their 2.6 children never give them any problems, they never argue with their spouse, their boss never gets on their case, and the good times will go on forever. I don't wish anything bad on anybody, not even on the bullies I had to deal with. And if some of them do get a taste of good in their life, I can't be jealous or hold it against them. But you never know what God has in store for you. Your fortunes may change for the better, probably when you least expect it.

But the grass isn't always greener in the Facebook garden. Your happiness is up to you, just like mine is up to me.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Thanks, Fuzzy. :smile: Ugh and to top it all off, my family's vacation is tomorrow and of course my bad mood became contagious and I'm being lectured on how I might ruin the vacation before it can even happen. My family's already prone to fighting and can't always control their moods, even if I manage to control mine. I'm crossing my fingers that we all just move on because I don't want to be responsible for ruining everyone else's day. That would pretty much be the worst feeling ever...

Last edited: