Our New Puppet Web Series! Starship Sassafrass!

theSHE124

Reaction score
Wait--what that Stix's voice? Rockin!--I mean, it suits his cool yet ruff and gruff of his appearance. :grr:

Around 4:31 mark, does Kelvin and the Scoutmaster dude sing with Dex? I liked how the other puppets like Gerdie were lip-syncing along, but I just think that scene seemed more appropriate for additional voicing.

crazy chris

Reaction score
Wait--what that Stix's voice? Rockin!--I mean, it suits his cool yet ruff and gruff of his appearance. :grr:

Around 4:31 mark, does Kelvin and the Scoutmaster dude sing with Dex? I liked how the other puppets like Gerdie were lip-syncing along, but I just think that scene seemed more appropriate for additional voicing.
HAHAHA yeah... Stix is cool... luckily later on in the season he will learn a valuable lesson and have a change of heart!

at the 4:31 they are just sort of lip synching... we tried singing it together but it sounded kinda crappy...lol... so we ditched it

Thanks so much for checking it out!!

cc

crazy chris

Reaction score
Hey guys!!!! EPISODE ONE IS HERE!! The first episode in our 6 episode season mini series is here!! We want to thank all of our wonderful Sassafans for being so patient over the past year while we created the new season! Still much more work to go on future episodes but so proud and happy to be able to show you guys this episode! We will also have a second episode up within the next couple weeks!

A HUGE thanks to all our supporters and everyone who helped out!! Please SUBSCRIBE...SHARE...LIKE...COMMENT...PASS THE WORD!!

theSHE124

Reaction score
12-min, huh? Well, can't judge it by the whole story just yet. Very good beginning setup you guys got! Love how Kelvin's unafraid to wear his gardening hat--'3 more like it at home!' Silly! :laugh:--, but it's also good he remembers those provisions as the unexpectation like this can happen. (He still has'em, right?)

The voice of Stones sounds crazier than Stix! Is he a little unhinged, perhaps?

Shamoo BQ? How did you guys come up with that rather catchy ad?

And yeah, Scoutmaster Steve does look fabulous with that Mongolian bee's wax mustachio! :search:

The editing's fine on this one; keeping in pace without slowing it down. The only snag I'm looking at is after the presentation where there's just the last 15 seconds of void black. Is that really necessary for an online vid?

Anyhow, can't wait to see more StarSass! :fanatic:

crazy chris

Reaction score
12-min, huh? Well, can't judge it by the whole story just yet. Very good beginning setup you guys got! Love how Kelvin's unafraid to wear his gardening hat--'3 more like it at home!' Silly! :laugh:--, but it's also good he remembers those provisions as the unexpectation like this can happen. (He still has'em, right?)

The voice of Stones sounds crazier than Stix! Is he a little unhinged, perhaps?

Shamoo BQ? How did you guys come up with that rather catchy ad?

And yeah, Scoutmaster Steve does look fabulous with that Mongolian bee's wax mustachio! :search:

The editing's fine on this one; keeping in pace without slowing it down. The only snag I'm looking at is after the presentation where there's just the last 15 seconds of void black. Is that really necessary for an online vid?

Anyhow, can't wait to see more StarSass! :fanatic:
Thanks so much for checking it out and for the awesome critique!!

I will try and comment and answer any questions in the same order they are asked

12 minutes-- We have been asked by some fans and some of the websites that host the show (BatteryPop and StreamNowTV) to try and keep the episodes a bit shorter... i guess the fear is that kids lose attention quickly

The next episode actually came in at about 18 min... but it has the new song in it...

Kelvins gardening hat is probably our favorite thing in the world...lol... it also keeps us from having the chroma key around his ostrich fealthered hair...lolol...BONUS!!

The provisions play a small part in episode 2...and even a bit in episode 6...lol... NEVER leave Kelvin in charge of the provisions...just sayin!

Stones stays pretty quiet until episode 3...then he really comes out of his shell... and he is absolutely crazier than stix...lol...good catch!!

Commodore Shaboo is a very important part of the 2nd half of the series... we were just setting up his character... He represents all those kids shows that were really bad for kids and were basically created to sell products... He has an entire line of stuff ...like Shaboo Stew... Shabooberry Cereal...etc... We will find out much more about him in the future!!

Scoutmaster Steve is definitely a heartbreaker! hahahaha

Im not sure about the final 15 seconds... sometimes our editor will drag the workspace marker a bit too far... but it wasnt intentional...

Thanks again for checking it out!! The adventure ramps up with each episode!! STAY TUNED!!

cc

crazy chris

Reaction score
Hi friends! The Sass gang would like to thank everyone for all the wonderful support...shares...comments...likes...and love that we have received over the course of our Web Series endeavor. We do it for the love of it and are delighted so many folks enjoy it!

We are super proud to bring you EPISODE 2! The second installment of our 6 part Sassascout Space Adventure Mini Series picks up right where we left off with Scoutmaster Steve and the Sassascouts... the adventure is kicking into full gear!!

We hope you dig it...and if you do...please like... comment... and tell a friend!

theSHE124

Reaction score
Part 2 of 6--Review time by the S.H.E.!

Stuck on a weird, snowy pink planet--must be a favorite spot for Spirds--all because of a receipt by mistake. Steve may have come well-prepared, even with just one volume guide, but preparation and cleaning are two way different things (Trust me on this one!)

Oh, those fuzzballs again! :ouch: Putting Mr. Pickles in another pickle!

Dr. T & the other girls havin' a chillaxing time...looks like they haven't notice the trouble yet...Gertie getting spa treatment is funny!

Speaking of funny, you're right, Chris! "Never leave Kelvin in charge of provisions." LOL! I should've known better all the essentials he'll bring would be CHEESE! Still, the thought never crossed my mind, so you guys got me there! (I like Cheetos, too!)

'Bout time you put the new song in! But what about the part starting at 16:17? I thought that part onward was gonna be used later in another episode, as an epilogue, like what you guys did with 'Starry Afternoon'. Don't get me wrong, the white pause is a humorous touch! The snag I'm sayin' is that 16:17-17:03 should be cut for a future moment; seems improper at this current timeline...

As for the overall adventure so far: you still have a strong storyline! Dex is really being a good boy, remembering the scout honor and helping out when his leader gets a nervous "Doomed!" breakdown. Also loving the fun, new graphics for the end credits! It seems to be fitting for a half-hour show--then again, I'm better at understanding TV, not website videos. Maybe if you guys do get on TV someday, you'll figure out which timing is best for your shows...

:news: And what has become of the mischievous monsters, Stix and Stones?? Stay tuned on Muppet News Flash to find out!

crazy chris

Reaction score
Part 2 of 6--Review time by the S.H.E.!

Stuck on a weird, snowy pink planet--must be a favorite spot for Spirds--all because of a receipt by mistake. Steve may have come well-prepared, even with just one volume guide, but preparation and cleaning are two way different things (Trust me on this one!)

Oh, those fuzzballs again! :ouch: Putting Mr. Pickles in another pickle!

Dr. T & the other girls havin' a chillaxing time...looks like they haven't notice the trouble yet...Gertie getting spa treatment is funny!

Speaking of funny, you're right, Chris! "Never leave Kelvin in charge of provisions." LOL! I should've known better all the essentials he'll bring would be CHEESE! Still, the thought never crossed my mind, so you guys got me there! (I like Cheetos, too!)

'Bout time you put the new song in! But what about the part starting at 16:17? I thought that part onward was gonna be used later in another episode, as an epilogue, like what you guys did with 'Starry Afternoon'. Don't get me wrong, the white pause is a humorous touch! The snag I'm sayin' is that 16:17-17:03 should be cut for a future moment; seems improper at this current timeline...

As for the overall adventure so far: you still have a strong storyline! Dex is really being a good boy, remembering the scout honor and helping out when his leader gets a nervous "Doomed!" breakdown. Also loving the fun, new graphics for the end credits! It seems to be fitting for a half-hour show--then again, I'm better at understanding TV, not website videos. Maybe if you guys do get on TV someday, you'll figure out which timing is best for your shows...

:news: And what has become of the mischievous monsters, Stix and Stones?? Stay tuned on Muppet News Flash to find out!
THANKS SO SO SOOO much for the AWESOME review theSHE!!

To explain a little further... the part at 16:17 is meant to be a sort of implosion and "mixing up" of the boys roles as rock band vs. boy band... The original song just stopped for a split second...but we decided it might be funny to just sort of bring everything to a halt for a moment and end up in this vacant white space... and give Stones a bit of comedic liscense....

We didnt make that any sort of Epilogue because Stix and Stones have a long journey ahead before they officially learn a HUGE lesson in good vs. bad... plus we have more songs that will cover that...

We kinda overshot on timing for this one... our script was the right amount of pages for about 12 minutes... but the song ended up taking up a huge chunk... and we couldnt bare to not include it...

I guess with it being a web series...we do have license to make it a little longer or shorter as needed...

THANKS AGAIN for watching and reviewing!!!

cc

Muppetlab

Reaction score
If anyone hasnt checked this chanel out yet.. Your missing out. Take a look!! These episodes are so much fun :smile:

crazy chris

Reaction score
If anyone hasnt checked this chanel out yet.. Your missing out. Take a look!! These episodes are so much fun :smile:
Too kind sir...Thank you!! Ep 3 is so close to finished! We are learning so many new techniques and ways to shoot... i am hoping people stick with it... its getting better and better i think! Fingers crossed! lol

cc