Kermit and Miss Piggy Officially Split!

Rugratskid

Reaction score
When I first heard of this, the first 2 words that came to mind were "publicity stunt". :stick_out_tongue:

Beth C

Reaction score
I, for one, never care for publicity stunts. They always have the opposite of the desired effect. I'm so ticked I won't watch the new show now.

Kermit & Piggy 4-ever!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well I will give the new show a chance, but I'm with Beth on saying Kermit and Piggy forever!

Beth C

Reaction score
For some reason I have this image in my head -

Setting - Kermit and Piggy's home, the one seen in the Muppets Movie. Kermit, dressed in a bathrobe, sitting at his desk in front of a computer.

Piggy walks into the room, also in a bathrobe over a nightgown; carrying two cups of coffee. She places one down on the desk and sips from the other as she watches Kermit scrolling the web and reading all the news stories about the "breakup".

Kermit turns to look at her and gives her a small smile. She leans down and they share a sweet kiss - the only light in the room falling upon them from the monitor.

Yeah, the breakup isn't real. It's a joke. A joke on us. Nope, not buying it. Disney/ABC will not break up the best Muppet couple. Happily ever after for my Kermie and Piggy.

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
They're probably want to make this part of the show. The show is supposed to be a parody of reality shows, so they'd probably want to tie real life into the reality show. Does that make sense? I have no idea how to explain what I'm saying lol

lady piggy

Reaction score
Is it sad that when I heard they "broke up" I was like HA!So admit it Frog ,y'all were a thingXD But really this...it's just sad a stunt like this really?Im sure they will get together in the new show but this wasn't necessary .Also Pig and Frog for life <3 I'd rather see them show how it is to be in a healthy normal relationship(well I wouldn't say normal but one were they have their good moments and then some bad ,no relationship is perfect) then an on again off again one,it's 2015 for Petes sake!Tired of having their relationship be showed in the worst light ever ,all everyone thinks is "why are they even together?"because all we see are fighting and whatnot.I want some old fashion The Muppet Movie date scene were You literally feel the chemistry.But tis my opinion :smile:

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I have a feeling that Kermit and Piggy are destined to be the new Ross and Rachel. 'Friends' just keeps coming to mind.

And if that's the case, I can't wait to see it play out!!

LeanneRivett

Reaction score
I am a little disappointed with Disney over this.

As an adult I can see the benefit of the good plot line, Ross & Rachel etc; and don't get me wrong the candid on and off relationship played out between the pair on The Muppet Show and the films was always spirited but resolved within 30 - 90 mins.

However, I feel a public display is irresponsible to their younger audience. Disney wouldn't do this to Mickey and Minnie or kill off Tinkerbell by releasing a press statement that the magic kingdom no longer believes in fairies.

Would be interesting to hear Frank Oz's take on this

Last edited: