Video: Jungle Boogie with the Electric Mayhem

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I like the recent expantion of Sam's role, I mean he had a big role in MMW, is constantly featured in promos on ABC for the new show, and now this. Nice to see a comedic ending, Sam getting drunk, why has that never happened before. Though considering Jungle Boogie was playing in the background of the bar it makes sense why he was thinking about it.

:attitude: What exactly is in a Mai Tai anyways?

Last edited:

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
Oh boy, where to start with how much I love this video! Today alone, I've played it 8 or 9 times so far. Every time I play this video, it really cheers me up -- and also, the song is stuck in my head, which is no bad thing really.

I don't know about everyone else, but this is totally something I can see them doing in the days when Jim Henson was alive. I really think this is something that he (and perhaps even Frank Oz) would've loved. In fact, I think all the Muppet Performers do such an amazing job, it feels like Jim, Frank, Jerry Nelson and Richard Hunt are there performing the characters. I don't know if that may sound weird to others, but that literally is the first thing that stuck out to me when I watched this video for the first time yesterday.

Of all the performers, I feel have to give special mention to Bill Barretta; he just OWNS this video IMO! He IS Dr. Teeth! :big_grin: Yet again, his timing, amazing vocals and singing voice just shine in this video!

Oh, and of course, it was just AWESOME to see Lips there! Keep him in the band from now on, please! I hope they'll keep him in the new show and we can finally hear the voice that Steve Whitmire discovered for him recently.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I was smiling the whole time, I laughed when Sam started dancing to the music and wearing different outfits all throughout. I do think that Jim would've been on the floor laughing about it, Frank, too and the other performers as well. Did not expect the ending though. For Sam, it was all a bad dream induced from drinking too many Mai Tais.

cjd874

Reaction score
Posted this video in the What Made You Smile Thread. 'Cause it put a huge goofy grin on my face.

It is really great to see the full six-piece EM Band back in action, and to see Sam the Eagle getting down with his bad self. Sam definitely steals the show with his antics (bravo to Eric Jacobson), but Dr. Teeth's dancing and continual chants of "Get down" also adds another level of awesomeness to it (bravo to Bill Baretta).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
We'd known about this for awhile, even if it took a few months to come out (and wasn't even announced in the announcement of there being new videos coming out). And tonight something hit me...

I found that The Electric Mayhem now has an official Twitter account. Could it be that they decided to wait until the Twitter account was official before releasing the video online so it could be promoted there ("well then why not debut the Twitter page sooner?" well considering Gonzo and Rizzo were just given Twitter accounts as well, it seems like this could be further marketing of the new show)? Especialy considering that pretty much every post so far has something to do with this video.

Oh, and here's the band's Twitter: https://twitter.com/ElectricMayhem