Questions about anything

Drtooth

Reaction score
What's interesting is Mr. Burns was originally voiced by Chris Latta (who played Starscream on Transformers and Cobra Commander on GI Joe). And you know, when I started watching Transformers in recent years, I couldn't help but notice every time Starscream or Megatron said, "Excellent..." in a scene together, lol.
In hindsight, given Chris's reputation, they made the right choice. I think what really made The Simpsons special was that, other than Nancy Cartwright (and eventually Russi Taylor and Tress MacNeil), they didn't use traditional voice actors and actresses for main series characters. Futurama clearly went a different route with Billy West, Phil LaMarr, John DiMaggio, (who I swear this was his breakthrough role) Maurice LaMarche, and Lauren Tom...etc. But The Simpsons using cast members from the Tracy Ulman show gave the cartoon a nice sound that was different from anything else at the time (minus Nancy, who was in everything back then). And as a result, some of them even became voice actors outside of the Simpsons (Dan especially).

Considering they killed off Starscream and Cobra just to stick it to Chris, I'd hate to think staples like Mr. Burns and Moe would have been wiped off the show, even though it's likely they'd've been recast. Moe and Burns are two of my favorites.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Considering they killed off Starscream and Cobra just to stick it to Chris
I know that's been said, and that Latta had his issues, but it doesn't look like his characters were especially targeted. It's not like Starscream was the only one killed in the movie; everyone was killed, lol. They were just starting a new toy line. And they did bring him back twice. And I recall an interview with someone from GI Joe saying the move to Serpentor was just that they wanted to shake up the format a bit (and again, new toy line :wink:). And Cobra Commander never really like left left, he was always popping in and out. And after the movie, the show was pretty much over, right? Not until DIC took over, and Latta was there for that.

It just reminds me of the long stated assumption that Don Music was removed from Sesame Street. Now that we have YouTube, we see that he never really left the show in the 80s and 90s, it's just that his head banging was toned down.

But that's an interesting point about The Simpsons not going to the standard pool of voice actors.

Last edited:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Everyone, I'm currently using my dad's computer because, the power button on my computer has stoped working. If any of you have any ideas on how I can fix it, please let me know.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The answer is probably no, but does anybody know if the producers of The Brady Bunch Hour offered to have Robbie Risk reprise his role of Oliver?

I'm guessing he wasn't offered, but you never know. In fact, I wonder if he would have reprised his role if he ever was offered to for any of the Brady Bunch sequels/spin-offs.

Drtooth

Reaction score
These Crappypastas have ceased being creative, clever, or even interesting.

They're always the same "look at the disturbing crap in a kid's show" gag when... come on! REAL kid's shows have REAL disturbing stuff in it and it's a trillion times better because it's true. From the Warner Siblings making offhand comments about sex to suicide jokes about Squidward to the Clarence episode "Li'l Buddy."

Seriously... creepypastas don't got nothing on Li'l Buddy.

Or that Sesame Street bit about the woman who's face keeps morphing.

Luke kun

Reaction score
so who the heck is uma therman? the name was mentioned in that fall out boy song so I'm wondering who she is.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
so who the heck is uma therman? the name was mentioned in that fall out boy song so I'm wondering who she is.
She was Poison Ivy in Batman and Robin, Ula in The Producers, Joy in Letters to Santa: A Muppets Christmas, and has been in other things.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The answer is probably no, but does anybody know if the producers of The Brady Bunch Hour offered to have Robbie Risk reprise his role of Oliver?
According to Sid & Marty Krofft (the producers of THE BRADY BUNCH HOUR), apparently only the main cast was approached, and Eve Plumb was the only one who refused to reprise her role of Jan, hence the whole "Fake Jan" controversy surrounding the show.