ABC Orders Muppet Pilot To Series!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Good for you, you have an opinion too - so do I. So "no!"

Apologies if that also seems "harsh" but opinions are something we are all entitled to - something that is sometimes misunderstood on this forum.
You always have a good point. It really doesn't take much to tweak these into looking more lifelike. They used to be really good about doing that in the 80's. Their Muppets Most Wanted magazine layout is a good example of posing done right. Well, with the exception of flathead Kermit.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Good for you, you have an opinion too - so do I. So "no!"
You always have a good point. It really doesn't take much to tweak these into looking more lifelike. They used to be really good about doing that in the 80's. Their Muppets Most Wanted magazine layout is a good example of posing done right. Well, with the exception of flathead Kermit.
Ah...the MMW magazine spread, now that was good!!

I think my point is, with the times we live in, it would be exceptionally easy to bring the characters "alive". Illustration has always done justice to the Muppets and I feel if you brought some of that to the posers, it would help a great deal.

I know it's easy the keep referring back to the "Jim days" but so many of the Muppet shoots from yesteryear ran rings around what has been done in the last 20 years and they didn't have the technology we have now.

Also, I don't have any problem with Disney or Disney's ownership of the Muppets. I love Disney as a success story and as a company. In truth, though they have made mistakes, they are the Muppet's saviours and I am grateful for that. My opinion comes from my profession and knowing what is possible and my passion comes from my love for the Muppets - whilst this my seem critical, it's only because I want only the best for these characters and I believe they deserve better.

The Simpsons promo material is a fantastic example of when it is done right!

Drtooth

Reaction score
The flat head and bloated chin make this Kermit look like a stuffed doll and not a living, breathing character. The tagline is funny. I give this a C-
I give it credit for not being as just completely lifeless as the 90's Kermit with the crossed eyes. I hate that thing and always will.

Eeek! Why have they done this to Fozzie? I don't care. I think it's funny! His Fleshy skintone is a little off-putting. Also, I'd have put his hat in his hand rather than on his head for this shot. There's something about the pose that seems incorrect, but the comedic value punches this up a notch. I give this a B as well.
Being the guy that gets defensive about things sometimes, I'm uncomfortable being on the side of "I don't much care for this one." I dunno. I can't look at that and not think "GAAAHHHH!!!! KELLY CLARKSON!!!" At best, that is. I know what they're going for and I get exactly what they're doing. But there's something just not right about it. I mean, I'd love to say I find it as funny as most do, but there's something about it that's more disturbing than funny. Of course, I'm warming up to it slightly giving it a closer look.

In conclusion, they're getting better and we're getting new photos. I just can't complain too much about that. Maybe with success will come a bump in quality. I hope so. But I approve of this campaign. It seems to have created a sophisticated buzz while looking bright and colorful for younger viewers. I like the campaign and give it a solid B.
If we never ever have to see Swedish Chef air kissing again, I'm all for Disney's new poser shoots, even if they're lacking. I've felt there were poser problems ever since the 90's, and most of the stock photo library comes from that period. Sesame Street on the other hand has gotten better, especially with Cookie Monster who they never get right. I would love it if Disney just produced enough poser photo stock that they can finally destroy and burn all the late 90's tipping sunglasses photos. I mean, heck with them. I give Disney credit for this...they could have just reused that crap instead of made new photos for this.

Can't decide what I hate more... Air Kissin' Chef or sunglass tippin' Animal.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
If they do that thing with the waxing of fur on fozzy in the show for real I hope we don't see the outcome because that would be TERRIFYING!

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Well they are filming promos for the show that are supposed to air in a couple weeks.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
If they do that thing with the waxing of fur on fozzy in the show for real I hope we don't see the outcome because that would be TERRIFYING!
I'm sure it would kind of look the way fooie didi AVMMXM after going through the lazer hallway.

Status
Not open for further replies.