The Muppets and YouTube.com

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here's an old appearance :smile: and :super: made on The Ed Sullivan Show in 1970!

So I wonder how many Sullivan appearances that didn't make their way to the Muppets Magic DVD are left to surface online. There's "Come Together" and the Jimmy Dean/Rowlf appearance. Have the other versions of "Java" and "I've Grown Accustomed to Your Face" shown up online (those two numbers were done twice on the show)?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
So I wonder how many Sullivan appearances that didn't make their way to the Muppets Magic DVD are left to surface online. There's "Come Together" and the Jimmy Dean/Rowlf appearance. Have the other versions of "Java" and "I've Grown Accustomed to Your Face" shown up online (those two numbers were done twice on the show)?
The other "Grown Accustomed" is on the same YT channel. Don't know of anyone who has "Come Together" (though I was watching it at work yesterday; Paley privileges.)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The other "Grown Accustomed" is on the same YT channel. Don't know of anyone who has "Come Together" (though I was watching it at work yesterday; Paley privileges.)
Yeah I read on Muppet Wiki last night that only two Sullivan appearances are not available there. I wonder if the Henson Archives has those appearances.

Lately I have been thinking about how it seems like most (if not all) of the Henson Company's copies of the appearances on The Ed Sullivan Show appearances are in black and white (assuming its their copies used in retrospectives and such). Is the version of Come Together seen there in black and white?

I wonder how many of those Sullivan Show appearances at the Paley Center are there on their own/parts of Henson compilations donated to the center, and how many are from actual episodes of the show (whether it's the original broadcasts or the syndication versions, I have a feeling the syndication edits are basically compilations). Though I know that you can search for what the museum has online so I could try that to determine this.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Is the version of Come Together seen there in black and white?

I wonder how many of those Sullivan Show appearances at the Paley Center are there on their own/parts of Henson compilations donated to the center, and how many are from actual episodes of the show (whether it's the original broadcasts or the syndication versions, I have a feeling the syndication edits are basically compilations). Though I know that you can search for what the museum has online so I could try that to determine this.
"Come Together" is in color, as are all the rest. All of the Muppet appearances (save for two) are just a part of a large compilation (that includes the Great Santa Claus Switch); the footage was donated by the Jim Henson Legacy. They're lifted pretty much from the original shows; there's no real editing between the pieces (like fade-outs/transitions). I don't think there's any full Sullivan shows with the Muppets in them.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Retro Disney Channel, featuring a brief Fraggle Rock promo.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Found an 1983 UK interview with Henson & Oz about The Dark Crystal:

tygerbug

Reaction score
"What Kind of Fool Am I," like the others, exists as color, but has not leaked to the public in that form.

ploobis

Reaction score
The Country Trio make their debut on The Perry Como Winter Show in 1972 :jim: