Questions about anything

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Mr. Burns from The Simpsons almost reminds me of Crocker from the Fairly Oddparents. I'm not sure if it's his voice or what. Does anybody see the resemblance?

snichols1973

Reaction score
Mr. Burns from The Simpsons almost reminds me of Crocker from the Fairly Oddparents. I'm not sure if it's his voice or what. Does anybody see the resemblance?
Carlos Alazraqui voices Mr. Crocker ("FAI-RY GOD-PAR-ENTS!!") and has a notorious reputation for handing out "F" grades and his frequent and futile quests to prove fairies exist, while Mr. Burns (voiced by Harry Shearer) on the other hand, is an eccentric billionaire and the owner of the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant, whose weak and elderly body is somehow kept alive by some possible combination of unscrupulous avarice and perhaps the side-effects of the nuclear radiation, and he tends to be more familiar with people, events, terminology and inventions of the early 20th century than those of the present day.

Nevertheless, according to the Trivia section of his Simpsons Wiki profile:

"Mr. Crocker from the Fairly Odd Parents is based off of Mr. Burns. This is because Butch Hartman is a fan of The Simpsons."

http://www.simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Mr._Burns

Drtooth

Reaction score
When I first saw FOP, I definitely made that connection. However, the character is based off of Eugene Levy, specifically his character from "Splash." I caught some of that movie last year and it's there. Levy's character is more nasty than obsessive, and he's constantly belittling his crew.

But yeah. Crocker's voice sounds more like Mr. Burns than Levy's, even in earlier episodes where his voice was a little different. What's funnier is Mr. Burn's voice is based off of Ronald Regan who, along with his wife, were known to contact with astrologists frequently. So in a roundabout way, someone who's the basis of a voice is the basis of a voice of a character that obsessively believes in supernatural gobbledegook. Make of that what you will.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
What's funnier is Mr. Burn's voice is based off of Ronald Regan
What's interesting is Mr. Burns was originally voiced by Chris Latta (who played Starscream on Transformers and Cobra Commander on GI Joe). And you know, when I started watching Transformers in recent years, I couldn't help but notice every time Starscream or Megatron said, "Excellent..." in a scene together, lol.

Luke kun

Reaction score
Is the name "Mellodi" common? (I was originally considering the protagonist for my movie to be named "Mellodia", but I ran out of spaces for that. Is "Mellodia" common, too?)

Schfifty

Reaction score
Whatever happened to Allison Moore, the original voice of Dee Dee? Did she work on any other productions post-Dexter's Laboratory?