Special Preview of The Muppets 2015 TV Show

Oscarfan

Reaction score
This wasn't a pilot though. It was a pitch presentation. Like the one Jim did for TMS. That wasn't meant to be seen publicly; this is the same way.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
This wasn't a pilot though. It was a pitch presentation. Like the one Jim did for TMS. That wasn't meant to be seen publicly; this is the same way.
others In the Forum said it was a Pilot so I just Assumed It was? I would say all the Shots in the Trailer are from the Pilot that will air this September!

terrimonster

Reaction score
Well Like I said I have been Watching TV since the 80's And I watch A ton of TV and I have never heard of a show that was picked up for season 1 that did not Air It's Pilot, ever hear of an Episode called Space Pilot 3,000, or How about Simpson's Roastings On An Open Fire, two of the best Pilot Episodes ever IMHO I can probably come up with thousands if not Millions more.

All A pilot really Is, Is a shows first episode In some cases That one show Is aired and based on the strength of the ratings they base weather to Pick up the show, the network that is.
Watch the Comic-Con panel. They specifically say that this will not air on TV. It is also much shorter than a full pilot, so it would not work as an episode. It was shot as a proof-of-concept and was not intended to be an episode in the show, but was meant to set up the type of show that would follow. In the words of Bill Prady:
"It isn't the show. It is the thing we shot in order to convince ABC to do the show."

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
Some pilots do not get aired and are changed and/or re-filmed.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Watch the Comic-Con panel. They specifically say that this will not air on TV. It is also much shorter than a full pilot, so it would not work as an episode. It was shot as a proof-of-concept and was not intended to be an episode in the show, but was meant to set up the type of show that would follow. In the words of Bill Prady:
"It isn't the show. It is the thing we shot in order to convince ABC to do the show."
well Obviously with Disney unveiling this short 10 minute Pilot I was wrong my bad, I am sorry my Muppet Friends but I loved what I saw even though we saw most of the footage in the trailer!!!!!!!!!!!!

just in case you guys have not seen the Pilot test footage,

Drtooth

Reaction score
To be honest, what constitutes as a pilot and what constitutes as a pitch are confusing. To me, this was more than a pitch, but not quite a pilot. Pitchilot?!

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
if we're not supposed to see it why does a lot of it show up in the commercials and the trailer? are they going to use some of it but not all?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
if we're not supposed to see it why does a lot of it show up in the commercials and the trailer? are they going to use some of it but not all?
Because they need footage of the show to advertise the show. And that's the only source.