List of Changed Channels

Drtooth

Reaction score
Original programming on a niche channel is expensive. Even the higher quality channels only have a handful of shows now. Reruns or just incessant blocks of the same 5 shows is all too common. I wouldn't expect something like Logo to survive for that long without just getting the same cheap reruns of sitcoms anyway. The irony that a gay channel has some of the exact same sitcom reruns as a Christian Family Channel is too thick to not appreciate.

Plus, does anyone even get that network without buying the biggest package they have?

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Me's on it's summer schedule. That's always a mixed bag. On the plus side, Laverne and Shirley Wednesdays. I have too much of a Robin Williams bias to say that's my favorite Happy Days spinoff, but if it wasn't for that sure as Shirley it's my favorite spinoff. Think I even like it more than Happy Days.

I know Antenna TV has Mr. Ed in the morning. Best of luck to you if you even have that. I'm glad that more digital channels are popping up with sticom reruns. We just got something called LAFF that shows The Drew Carey Show, Spin City and for some reason Empty Nest in the morning. The rest of the time they run movies which somehow are classified as comedies but usually aren't funny. And not in the "You call this funny?" sort of way. Just oddly dramatic films.
Though they actually have a decent movie lineup, they are airinig The Muppet Movie on July 6, and Muppet Treasure Island on July 7, and a few more times, which is nice to know, because neither of those movies air very often, and I hope they air more of the muppet film, considering they have rights to Disney and Columbia Tri Star films, which means they have the rights to them all mostly.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So apparently History Channel now plays documentaries about proving the existence of aliens, and Travel Channel now plays realities shows of people hunting down the abomidable snowman.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Not sure how everyone feels about the Lifetime channel. That used to have good shows like Supermarket Sweep and Shop 'till you Drop. Now literally every week, there's a new "original" movie, but really most if not all movies involve murder and I think you know pretty much right away who the bad guy is, like five minutes in. And the acting in those movies is terrible! I'd rather watch a Hallmark movie than a Lifetime movie. All Lifetime movies are pretty much the same thing over and over and over again! And is it necessary to chuck out a movie every single week?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ah yes, I watched a couple of those movies here a couple of weeks ago (see my most recent reply in the creepy movie thread).

But dang, I really miss SUPERMARKET SWEEP, I used to watch that show every afternoon in syndication (I don't think I ever remember watching it on Lifetime, lol).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently Sundance is now trying to be like a new retro channel, as they're now going to be airing M*A*S*H, ALL IN THE FAMILY, THE BOB NEWHART SHOW, THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW, and THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW.

Take that independent filmmakers!

Drtooth

Reaction score
UGH.

Not that I give a crap about Indie film channels and all, but...

How is it that retro-TV channels refuse to run old programs and focus on original programming and original programming channels want to air only cheap reruns? And not saying that M*A*S*H, Mary Tyler Moore, and Bob Newhart aren't great sitcoms, but that's every rerun channel's offer. Sure, there's LAFF that airs Drew Carey, Night Court, and Spin City. But there's so many other classic sitcoms we never get to see air often. Laverne and Shirley and Mork and Mindy should be just as widely offered, even though they probably have less episodes. And why isn't Odd Couple offered more on these channels either? And let's not forget 80's and 90's sitcoms. I love the irony and actually heartwarming similarities that The Golden Girls airs both on Hallmark Channel and Logo. But there are so many old and and none too recent shows that don't get painfully overrerun. Mad About You was never my favorite sitcom, but anytime Mel Brooks was on there, it was an event. Too bad only FXX runs it early in the morning. I just want more variety out of these rerun networks. How come Cheers and Frasier aren't on every channel?