List of Changed Channels

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just got LAFF too and I can't think of a TV channel that has a worse batch of reruns. I saw Grace Under Fire the other day on there. Who in the world wants to watch that again? Can't wait until they start airing Major Dad and 227 reruns.
I'd say Grace is the worst show they air. I did really like the Drew Carey Show (wonder if they're going to get to the later "weird" seasons) and Spin City and really wanted to see episodes of those again. Empty Nest is a weird nostalgic thing for me, and glad it's around somewhere. And while I never really cared much for Ellen's sitcom, it's nice to see something from that point in her career. You know, before she got all "I'm a producer and I'm going to produce terrible shows." But if there's one sitcom I desperately want to see reran, even if it doesn't hold up for me personally, It's Perfect Strangers. Ion had it in that weird period after it was PAX but before it was Ion. And that was for like 2 weeks. They can't release the rest of it to DVD because of the music rights and lack of interest. Someone's got to air it.

I don't have Antenna TV, or LAFF, but we did have a short-lived RTV (or something like that) that aired mostly obscure classics, such as THE BILL COSBY SHOW (Cosby's first sitcom that failed because it didn't have a laugh track). Then there's TV One that airs a number of classic black sitcoms like SANFORD AND SON, GOOD TIMES, THE JEFFERSONS, etc.
We had that for a while. Then it became yet another all infomercial channel before it became COZI. I saw some of that Bill Cosby Show and I don't think so much it was a sitcom without a laugh track as a weird ambiguous comedy drama type show. He was an established comedic actor, but it seems at the time he couldn't shake the "the not white guy on I Spy" image.

Anyway, my region's version of the network was all day infomercials up until maybe like 4 or something. If there's one thing I think it had over MeTV it was the 1970's (and a couple 60's) crime drama/intrigue shows over the relentless cowboy ones. Didn't have the greatest sitcom line up, though (probably due to them not airing because of said infomercials). But if there was one thing I loved on that network, it was Wolfman Mac's Chiller Drive-In. They turned some of their B-Movies into Youtube Poops, and they had a delightful cast of characters.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
My local NBC used to have the 12:30pm slot reserved fro reruns of I LOVE LUCY of the longest time, then sometime in the mid-to-late 2000s they swapped them out for the black-and-white seasons of THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES, before switching back to I LOVE LUCY up until last year when they decided since MeTV (which apparently is some kind of subsidiary of NBC, I'm assuming) airs I LOVE LUCY, they would drop it in favor expanding their noon newscast to a full hour . . . which is like . . . I mean, they already have a half-hour newscasts at 4:30am, 6:00pm, and 11:00pm, and hourlong newscasts at 5:00am, 6:00am, 4:00pm, and 5:00pm. How much news does one town need to cover?

That said, my local FOX had THE BULLWINKLE SHOW every morning at 6:30 for a year after the 2000 movie came out.
That's crazy Lucy reruns lasted that long on your NBC station. There's no other show from that era of television that local stations would even dream of re-running. I read on Wikipedia there's a local station in Los Angeles that's been airing reruns of it since it was first sold into reruns, so it hasn't been off over-the-air TV since it premiered.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's crazy Lucy reruns lasted that long on your NBC station. There's no other show from that era of television that local stations would even dream of re-running.
Not really. My local CBS plays Andy Griffith everyday at 7:30pm, and has been since before I was even born! Justifiable though - down here in the south, Andy Griffith is an icon and very much a part of our regional culture, almost inasmuch as Jerry Seinfeld is to the New York/Jewish comedy culture.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The oldest sitcom any main syndication channel in my area airs is Seinfeld. The rest of it is either current or semi-current but recently cancelled shows or absolute syndication produced garbage. Judge shows, shock talk shows (other than 3 annoying staples they seem to last barely a year). My Fox affiliate runs nothing but TMZ and some terrible TMZ clone when it's not running its own self important news broadcast.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We have a local channel (and I mean local, I think they're an entirely independent network) that airs an odd variety of shows like SEINFELD, KING OF THE HILL, ANGER MANAGEMENT, judge shows, and those reality shows about cheaters and bridezillas.

It's called The Knox ('cause of Knoxville, clever).

Mr Snrub

Reaction score
My local Fox station, until last year, ran Brady Bunch at 4:30 AM. They used to air King of the Hill and Malcolm in the Middle at 3:00 PM weekdays, but they stopped. Now, 700 Club, Dr. Phil, Dr. Oz, Steve Harvey, Family Feud, Two and a Half Men (strangely only the first few seasons), Mike & Molly, King of Queens Rules of Engagement, The Middle, The Jeffersons, Raising Hope, and The Office. For whatever reason, they still air Animation Domination HD

For a brief time, CW aired Friends and Seinfeld at 7 AM, now they're late at night, and for the longest time, South Park late at night. Currently, they have Modern Family, BBT, Hot in Cleveland, HIMYM, Cougartown, American Dad, Cleveland, Futurama, and Seinfeld. And shock talks galore. And Glee. Lots and lots of Glee.

I don't think my ABC ever had anything outside of talks, soaps, and game shows

A local channel got the rights for Community. At first, they treated it pretty well. Mini-marathons on Sunday afternoons, aired weekdays right after The Simpsons. They also have all 3 Seth McFarlane shows, Tyler Perry shows (and Are We There Yet), Raymond, Anger Management, and a bunch of court shows

CBS has Price is Right, Let's Make a Deal, soaps, and Andy Griffith.

Katzi428

Reaction score
We recently got Prism Cable (we had Comcast before) & I can't BELIEVE all the great channels we have! (not LAFF though, hopefully Prism will pick it up soon. ) I'm into medical stuff. We now have a channel called Discovery Life which has LOTS of medical shows. We have LOGO (they show "Facts Of Life" reruns. ) and a few other great channels.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Logo plays BEWITCHED and I DREAM OF JEANNIE a lot -- which kind of makes sense, because Logo's a gay channel, and those two shares are really big with the gay community as I understand. I remember Barbara Eden once said that many gay people have told her how "safe" it looks inside her bottle; I even remember Judy Gold said Barbara was her first girl crush.

Mr Snrub

Reaction score
Logo plays BEWITCHED and I DREAM OF JEANNIE a lot -- which kind of makes sense, because Logo's a gay channel, and those two shares are really big with the gay community as I understand. I remember Barbara Eden once said that many gay people have told her how "safe" it looks inside her bottle; I even remember Judy Gold said Barbara was her first girl crush.
They used to play Daria a lot. I find it funny that they never played anything past the second season, let alone the Is It Fall Yet movie where Jane is hit on by her lesbian roommate at an art camp

Katzi428

Reaction score
They used to play Daria a lot. I find it funny that they never played anything past the second season, let alone the Is It Fall Yet movie where Jane is hit on by her lesbian roommate at an art camp
SeinfeldBabies, they'll be showing some Daria episodes this upcoming week.
LOGO isn't really too much a gay channel anymore, Jadar And yes, they do play a lot of IDOJ & Bewitched. .(Plus they play a lot of The Golden Girls)