The Boy, The Girl and the Jellybeans

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
If bumping old threads is a crime, then cuff me and stuff me.
But thank you again hooperfan/sesame maniac, you made more than just my day for sharing this.

33 years is a long time to wait.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I had read this in The Sesame Street Storybook a long time ago, and this is a little different than I had remembered it. I had thought that each chapter had the other one tricking the other into giving up their jellybeans, and then the monster sharing jellybeans with the boy, before they decide to share. I don't remember the emotions aspect of it at all.

I'm glad that I got to see this one. I might have to wait a few days to determine if this skit is really great, or if the rare factor is what makes it seem great. It's at least good, but it does seem to drag on a little (most likely why it took three parts).

And is Caroll Spinney performing Beautiful Day Monster here? He mostly just makes growls, saying words at the end, but it doesn't really sound like Big Bird, Oscar, Bruno, Spinney's woman voice (which it wouldn't be), that voice Spinney used for such characters as the carpenter in the "Kermit Guesses from Clues" bit, or the season one dopey Big Bird voice to me (though at one point the monster makes a sound that sort of sounds Spinney-like, maybe I was just trying to hear it). I'll have to watch again, but I feel it sort of sounds like the weird voice Joe Raposo gave to Cookie Monster in Everyone Likes Ice Cream (weird that they'd have Raposo provide a voice that's mostly growls in two different segments, and this segment doesn't seem like something they'd have a non-performer do voices in).