Questions about anything

Luke kun

Reaction score
LOL, I posted a big Mega Man rant and nobody answered it's questions...just moved on. Funny how some people are like that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You must be thinking about Mon Colle Knights. That used almost Samurai Pizza Cats levels of gag dubbing. :smile:
Actually, I did some digging and I was right. it WAS Medabots. Found the trailer and everything.

Now I fully remember the note from Shout on Tvshowsondvd that specifically said that the show was chopped up too much to be able to synch with the original Japanese version and that it was just easier to release the dubbed North American TV version.

So why the frog did Mega Man and Roll play whack-a-mole in the festival scene from the OVA? JAPANESE FESTIVALS DO NOT HAVE WHACK-A-MOLE! If it were goldfish scooping or ring toss, that'd be fine. BUT WHY WHACK-A-MOLE? That froggin' OVA left me with the impression that ALL JAPANESE FESTIVALS HAD WHACK-A-MOLE!
Here's my question. How come Japan's only Original series Rockman OVA series had to be a three part educational thing teaching Japanese kids about Japanese culture? Isn't there enough story for them to have made an actual Rockman story based on the games where he fights the robot masters and Wily? Sure, Rockman.exe got a show because it was Pokemony enough. But they had these amazing Street Fighter anime movies. Why give Rockman the short end of the stcik when they actually liked using him?

Luke kun

Reaction score
Here's my question. How come Japan's only Original series Rockman OVA series had to be a three part educational thing teaching Japanese kids about Japanese culture? Isn't there enough story for them to have made an actual Rockman story based on the games where he fights the robot masters and Wily? Sure, Rockman.exe got a show because it was Pokemony enough. But they had these amazing Street Fighter anime movies. Why give Rockman the short end of the stcik when they actually liked using him?
I know! Those kids have the most deadpan voices!

Luke kun

Reaction score
And BTW, anyone on TV Tropes should REALLY add the OVA to the entry for "Festival Episode". And Yuuta was wearing a happi. And for the life of me, I do not know what the frog they are saying in the parade. "Wasshoi" and then something that sounds like "soya soya" or "soyita". I know. It's getting frustrating.

Luke kun

Reaction score
Oh, and why the frog are arcade machines on eBay around a million dollars?! I want cheap arcade machines so I can build an 80s arcade in my basement!

Harleena

Reaction score
I need cosplay help. I want to cosplay as Jasper from Steven Universe, but everybody's telling me that I can't because I'm too skinny and because body paint will probably give me an allergic reaction (it's July, so I can't exactly wear a bodysuit…). People are trying to talk me out of it, and they're saying thing
s like, "Oh, why don't you just be Poison Ivy or something?" "Do you really have to cosplay?" "Put on your Zelda t-shirt and call it a day." "Just reuse your Gamora costume from Halloween!" (Yeah, that also covers my arms…) I've considered cosplaying as Sayaka Miki from Madoka Magica, but I'm thinking that Jasper would be a really interesting cosplay to do. Should I be Jasper? If so, how can I pull it off? Will Tumblr losers with no life get on my case about cosplaying a bigger character when I'm skinny (come on, she's a villain! It's not like I'm cosplaying a skinny Rose Quartz or anything!)?

My Gamora costume. Wow, you didn't even do the green face? You're no fun.
Everyone's arguments against my cosplay basically boil down to the fact that I can't cosplay a full-figured character because I'm thin. If that's the case, I can't cosplay as Raven because I'm not a half-demon.

Harleena

Reaction score
But seriously, there are two types of Steven Universe fans…
Type 1: "Anyone can cosplay any character they want! Oh that looks so cute on you! Great cosplay! Great fanart! I love the way you drew this! What a cute style! Your props look really good; you must have put a lot of work into them! All size rose cosplayers are beautiful! Here, let me share some cosplay tips with you! What a cute pairing!"
*respects all ships, fan theories, cosplays, fanart, art styles, interpretations etc.* *encourages one another* *respects everyone* *is civil and mature*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Type 2: "Oh you can't cosplay rose because you are too skinny. You can't cosplay Garnet because you are too white. Your prop looks awful. Why did you draw them that way? Why does she look older than she is? why did you color her skin so light? You're black and short, why would you cosplay pearl??? you should do amethyst instead. Your make up looks smudgy and awful."
*reverse body shames* *Questions and nitpicks every piece of fanart* *feels the need to critique everything* *argues genders* *lights whole fandom on fire*

Harleena

Reaction score
Sorry if my post turned too rant-y. I just need advice on cosplaying as this chick: