Regular Show Series Talkback!

mr3urious

Reaction score
I liked last night's lighthearted episode in which Mordecai and Rigby order a massive sub during a lunch break at Benson's expense, and the two have to finish the whole thing by the end of their break or else he'd fire them. The two stories they told involving past eating challenges they failed helped to distract them from their fullness, and they desperately made up their own story to finish off the last few inches.

Drtooth

Reaction score
So, anyone hear the good news on last night's episode?

Rigby and Eileen are officially a couple, and have been dating for 2 months. I'm very happy with this revelation and it was only a matter of time before the writers decided to give Rigby this well deserved bout of growing up, as well as giving Eileen the thing she desired for a few seasons now.

Also, that sandwich one. Is it just me or was the color all flickery at some point, especially when they were chasing their story sandwich? I thought it was my television the first time, but nothing else I watched was doing that, and the rebroadcast episode featured the same flickering at the same scenes.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Not that surprised, they did kind of hint at Rigby and Eileen with the whole chocolate waffle cake a few episodes back.

Guess this gives us all the chance to repeatedly quote the lines...
"So, *in smug tone* Eileen..."
"Stop talking!"

mr3urious

Reaction score
Rigby and Eileen are officially a couple, and have been dating for 2 months. I'm very happy with this revelation and it was only a matter of time before the writers decided to give Rigby this well deserved bout of growing up, as well as giving Eileen the thing she desired for a few seasons now.
And it seems like Mordie will be taking a break from dating for a while. He could use it.

Also, that sandwich one. Is it just me or was the color all flickery at some point, especially when they were chasing their story sandwich? I thought it was my television the first time, but nothing else I watched was doing that, and the rebroadcast episode featured the same flickering at the same scenes.
I wondered that, too. The episode was probably improperly rendered, similar to the incident from "Power Tower" with the colors being all saturated and Muscle Man's eyes being so red that he looks stoned. I don't know what kind of digital animation technology RS uses, but maybe they should look into an upgrade. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not that surprised, they did kind of hint at Rigby and Eileen with the whole chocolate waffle cake a few episodes back.
They have been hinting to growing feelings and there's the usual embarrassed immature reaction from Rigby. Making it official does two things here. It rewards those who thought this was happening all along sure, but it shows a sign of Rigby actually maturing. You can tell that Rigby was always trying to hide his feelings for Eileen, and I think (in the looking way too into things sort of way) Rigby psychologically was afraid of getting closer to her because it was a sign of him becoming more adult. As the show progressed, Mordecai grew more mature over the passing seasons while Rigby pretty much retained his personality. While there was always that level of "Will they or won't they" between Rigs and Leen, there was that added level of afraid he might enjoy it.

Rigby seems to me the kind of guy that thinks he wants the hot blonde beach babe because that's what all young males like that think they want. Why would he go for someone short (like he is) and nerdy (and therefore likes the same things he does)? In the episodes where they were showing how much Eileen liked Rigby, you can tell Rigby was slightly reviled at the idea...until they started hanging as friends and got closer. But as friends. Things gradually progressed and the "will they or won't they" turned into "will he admit it or not." They've definitely been closer the last few seasons, but Rigby announcing that they were speaks volumes. Seems Rigs started out being embarrassed to having feelings that slowly turned to being embarrassed to admit to those feelings to completely comfortable enough that it should have been obvious. I mean, the whole show is essentially a coming of age series. You watch the first season and everyone seems to hate each other, then they became brothers in arms, and finally good friends. Even with Benson.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Good points Drtooth. Then again, I haven't been watching the latest episodes for RS or any other CN show since I'm pretty much on summer savatical—until my fracking TV can have some sort of infrared command programmed into it to turn on every morning at a set time so it'll stop driving me crazy, *coughcough*.
The last episodes I did see were the one with that mentioned chocolate waffle cake and the jerk owner of Cowboy Corral trying to get Mordicai to reup his membership; and the one where Mordi and CJ are babysitting Thomas, Death's son, not the interm.

BTW: What's happened with Benson and Amber?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Finally caught up on the new episodes; whose idea was it to bring the show back for a week with little promotion? I have to say, I'm glad to see that Rigby and Eileen are official (even if they have to work on restaurant compromises). His maturity has been less obvious than Mordecai's (or even Muscle Man's), but he's taking those tentative steps forward into adulthood.

I'm eager to see what will go on in Season 7; the idea of Muscle Man and Starla living together should make for some fun episodes. Plus there's the TV movie-length episode they've been working on that should air sometime in the fall.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Trailer for the TV-movie coming in November:

Looks really strange, but that's to be expected. It'll be interesting to see what sort of thing happened at the high school with Mordecai and Rigby. Just too bad we have to wait until November for it to come out.

mr3urious

Reaction score
"The Parkie Awards" really shows how much Mordecai and Rigby's relationship with Benson has changed after all these years. They genuinely felt that he deserved that award, something that would have been unthinkable in the early years of the show, and especially considering how Gene treats his Parkie along with the other 17 he earned like they were cheap carnival prizes. It was really sweet to see the whole gang help Benson celebrate with a stolen award, and later Mordie and Rigby making one themselves out of paper just for him.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Benson's a pretty sad character if you think about it. It's been made clear that the park is about all he has and it's incredibly important to him for that reason. He's been overprotective because he knows he's nothing if he loses his job. While it took a while for Rigby and Mordecai to understand, they do and grew to respect him as a boss (to an extent anyway), and embraced him as a friend. Which is why I love this show so much. They could have gone with the uptight boss being the antagonist with the slackers being anti-heroes for every episode, but they didn't. They focused on relationships, and growing maturity, and that's what makes this show so special.

I've noticed that a lot of recent cartoons are about the wonders of friendship. Ponies no longer have a monopoly on this. Regular Show, Sanjay and Craig, Harvey beaks, We Bare Bears, and even Pig Goat Banana Cricket (today's episode especially showed them as brothers and sister at arms). It's amazing.